BUG: Project hangs when creating HTML file

Q&A about the latest versions
jakenorton

Just updated this morning to the latest release, and now each time I make an edit and try to regenerate the project files to preview changes (whether live view is on or not), the system hangs/stops at the HTML file generation stage. Sometimes it gets to 100% but hangs there, sometimes to 16%, sometimes 33%, etc., but always the same end result: nothing happens, and I have to cancel the generating process, save the project, close Pano2VR, restart. Then the issue goes away for a couple rounds, but eventually reappears.

Any idea what might be going on, and more importantly, what I can do to fix it? It's making workflow impossible at the moment.

Thanks!
- Jake

Jake Norton
www.jakenorton.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Jake,
Sounds odd, but what you can do is delete the contents of the output folder and generate a new output.
First try with keeping the tiles folder, to do this simply press and hold the "Bin" button.
This will then give you the option to leave the tiles folder.
Then generate the output, did this help?
If not then delete all files and folders in the output folder and generate the output again.
This is working on the understanding there could possibly be a corrupt file causing an issue.

What could also be causing this is running out of memory, or HDD space?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
jakenorton

Hi Hopki,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, it is quite strange. I tried this morning deleting everything but the tiles folder, and that seemed to work at first, but now it's back to the same. So, I'm trying it again with a full new output.

One thing I did notice is that Pano2VR seems to be using an abnormally high amount of system resources. Not sure why that would happen, as this project is not all that large. See screenshot below.
Screenshot 2023-06-28 100238.jpg
Screenshot 2023-06-28 100238.jpg (97.98 KiB) Viewed 1499 times
And, not that it says much, but here is the latest hang - at 50% for 5+ minutes before I aborted:
Screenshot 2023-06-28 100309.jpg
Screenshot 2023-06-28 100309.jpg (306.56 KiB) Viewed 1499 times
- Jake

Jake Norton
www.jakenorton.com
jakenorton

Hi again, Hopki,

I just re-exported the whole thing, and getting the same result. See screenshot below, this time hanging forever at 100%.

Not sure it's relevant, but I did notice at the bottom of the image pane it says "Calculating image pyramid." Could that be part of the problem?

Screenshot 2023-06-28 101410.jpg
Screenshot 2023-06-28 101410.jpg (758.98 KiB) Viewed 1498 times
- Jake

Jake Norton
www.jakenorton.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Jake,
Maybe a big ask, but can you send us your project, all files and assets?
If we can have all files so we will be able to build this in the office.
There could be a few things causing this so rather than going back and forth asking you to try things it will be faster to have your project to be able to create the output.
If so then please send to support, link below.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
jakenorton

Thanks, Hopki. Uploading it all now and will send a link in just a moment.

Thanks!
- Jake

Jake Norton
www.jakenorton.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
For anyone following, this was caused by special characters in the user data title of node2.
They were in the metadata of the image.
Once removed and a more "normal" title was used all works as should.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com