Install the WordPress Plugin
- Download the plugin from: http://ggnome.com/ggpkg.
- Log in to your WordPress site.
- In the Dashboard's left sidebar, hover over Plugins to bring up a menu. Choose, Add new.
- Select, Upload.
- Navigate to and choose the plugin (ggpkg_wordpress_1_0_0.zip).
- Click, Install Now.When it is finished installing, you should see, Plugin installed successfully.
- Select, Activate Plugin. WordPress will return to the Plugin page with a notification that the plugin was activated.
- The plugin will now be in the Plugins list with the name, GGPKG Import.
To delete the plugin
- Under the plugin name, select Deactivate.
- Select, Delete.
- Choose, Yes.
Add the Package to a Post
Before you can add the GGPKG to a post, you must first install the plugin. Once this is added, you can add as many packages to a post as you like.
- Create a new post.
- Add the GGPKG to the page: Choose, Add Media, and then drag the GGPKG to the media library.
- Insert the GGPKG package into the post.
- The package will look like this in your post:
[ggpkg id=75 display_userdata='false']
- Each package can be customized using attributes. For example, to show the User Data in this example, just change
- Preview and/or publish your post.
GGPKG Import Settings
The GGPKG Import settings are found in the WordPress Settings in the Dashboard. These settings affect all instances of GGPKG. Changes can be done on an individual basis using the attributes.
Player size: Defines the default size of the player.
◊ NOTE: Units are customizable. If no units are added, pixels (px) are assumed.
◊ TIP: If you, for example, set the width to 100%, the panorama player will always fit within the column's width.
Start player as preview image: The player will load and start playing when the user clicks the preview image. This is handy for when there are multiple projects on one page and some or all, for example, have background sound. This prevents them from playing all at once.
Display User Data: Select to show the User data when published.
Expand User Data on Import: Select to show the user data within the body of the post on import (it is visible within in the text body). This allows you to make changes to the user data on individual posts. The attribute,
display_userdata='false', appears in the plug-in since there's no need to have user data appearing twice.
User Data: Using HTML code and User Data placeholders, customize the look and information that appears coming from the User data.
The next three options work in conjunction with each other (same goes for Object2VR). They can be used to globally update the player and skin using one GGPKG. This avoids having to update every panorama or object movie if the player or skin changes.
Master Panorama/Objectmovie: Upload a GGPKG to function as the master panorama.
Use Panorama Player from Master Panorama/Use Object Player from Master Objectmovie: Select to use the uploaded Master's player. For every instance of GGPKG, the player will be updated to the one used in the Master.
Use Skin from Master Panorama/Objectmovie: Select to use Master's skin. For every instance of GGPKG, the skin will be updated to the one used in the Master.