Properties (Skin Editor)
The Properties section is where you can edit each element and change the way it behaves through actions. All the properties are grouped in collapsable panels.
◊ TIP: To make editing easier, you can also detach this panel to get a floating window. Go to, View > Detach Properties View.
Depending on the element that is active, the properties will change. Learn more about each element's properties:
- Rectangle Element Properties
- Text Element Properties
- Image Element Properties
- Button Element Properties
- SWF File Properties
- SVG Image Properties
- External Image Properties
- Hotspot Template Properties
- Node Marker Properties
- Sound Element Properties
The skin settings are available when nothing else is selected. To deselect an element and return to these settings, click in the outer part of the canvas.
Width & Height: This will adjust the canvas's width and height, measured in pixels. To get a better idea of how your skin will look on output, set the size to the project's output window size.
Grid: Adjust the canvas's grid in pixels. For example, a setting of 10, will create a grid of 10 pixel squares.
Use margins to set extra space outside of the panorama window (Top, Bottom, Left, Right) to display elements outside of it. These elements could be anything from maps, thumbnails and buttons. See more: Skin Editor Margins
To edit an element, do any of the following:
- Select it either in the Editor, and make changes in the Properties.
- Select it in the Tree, and make changes in the Properties.
Switch to Solo Mode
To show only one panel at a time, do one of the following:
- In the menu, choose, View > Properties Solo Mode.
- Use the keyboard shortcut: Control-Shift-P/Command-Shift-P.
- Click the panel header while pressing the Alt key.
Edit multiple elements
To edit multiple elements at the same time:
- Select multiple elements in either the Tree or Editor.
- Edit their properties. Common properties amongst the elements will be shown.
- Elements that share the same properties and have the same value, their values will be visible.
- Values that mismatch will be empty (an icon appears).
|Previous: Learn about the Editor||Next: Learn about the Toolbar and Menu Bar|