Map Hotspots: Transitions with Move to View
Legacy document. This process can now be easily done using Tags.
This tip will show you how to set up your Map Hotspot to have the same Move to View effect that Point Hotspot have when using Transitions.
Get the data
The first thing you must do is get the required Pan, Tilt and Field of View information needed for the Map Hotspot.
- Open the Skin Editor and add a text box. Enter, $ap/$at/$af, in the Text field of the text element editor. These are placeholders to get the actual pan, tilt and field of view that you will later set in the Skin Editor.
- Publish out the project and then move to the view you will want to move to when the Map Hotspot is clicked. Make a note of the Pan, Tilt and Field of View data. You can do this for all locations in one go, just make sure you make a note of witch data goes with what Map Hotspot.
Setting the Actions
Now set the Pan, Tilt and Field of View information to the Map Hotspots.
- Open the Skin Editor and open the Map Hotspot by double-clicking on it to open the Element Editor.
- Go to theAction/Modifiers tab and add a Move to View Action under the Open Next Panorama or Open Next URL action.
- Set the Pan, Tilt and FoV information and then set your speed.
Do this for all Map Hotspots. Once complete, save and close the Skin Editor and then publish out your tour.