Merging/Stitching Images in Pano2vr?

Q&A about the latest versions
EvaGolightly

Hello!

I've got 16 images (jpg) that need to be "stitched" together to create one panoramic image of a room. Is this possible using Pano2VR? I was sure there was. I bought the license...there better be :wink: I use Object2VR to create 360 views and thats pretty straight forward. However, I can't seem to find a way to import and merge all 16 images in Pano to create one file.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Pano2VR is a panoramic image player so the input needs to be a stitched panoramic image.
The Pano2VR product page lists the different types of input projections it can use.
You need a stitching program such as Hugin which is free to use or PTGui or one of the many other programs available.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
360Texas

Also if your images are NON fisheye 180 x 180° cylinders [like a lable wrapped around a veggi can] you can also use Photoshop's Photomerge option. After merging.. save the merged image as a 16bit TIF... THEN

Pano2vr click [SELECT INPUT] as a Input type choose (cylinder).
Output FLASH click the blue wrench icon [EU and UK folks read blue spanner icon]

Under TILE SETTINGS 'Correction' option select [x] NO 3D distortion is selected that makes the cylinder image projection FLAT and not spherical as used with Fisheye lenses.

Click OK and let Pano2vr generate the panorama

IF your image was taken with a fisheye lens.. then PTgui for PC or the free Hugin program Martin Hopki(ns) spoke about.
Hope this helps
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
EvaGolightly

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions! :D