Change from default view to custom view

Q&A about the latest versions
imme

Hi,

I want to have an animated feeling when i click on hotspot or button and panorama attached with hotspot or button loads. i want panorama to load in default view and than move to custom view.
I tried to attach it with hotspot proxy linking to a button and text box but it does not work.
I added a textbox with loaded > move to view options and it moves every panorama at load at same viewing parameters. But I need to customize moving views for each panorama.
Can I link hotspot ID with action?
or may be there is already a simple way of doing it :)

Regards,

imme
imme

can anyone help on this issue?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
You can do this with a timer.
How:
Add a timer to the skin. Delete the logic block in the timer from visible as its not needed.
Under the timers advanced tab set the time out to 1 second.
Type: Loaded
Repeat: One time.

Give the timer an action, using select Expert Mode.
Source: Deactivate
Action: View
Type: Move to view
Pan/Tilt/FoV: $us
Speed: 0.5

Select your pano in the tour browser, select viewing parameters then rotate to where you want it to move to.
Make a note of the pan/tilt/fov.
Select User Date, and enter the P/T/F in the Source text field.

What will happen is the pano will open in the default view, then after the timer it will move to the view set in the user data.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
imme

Thanks Hopki.
imme

hi,

Hopki it applies on every panorama in tour in same way.
But I want to make custom movements to each panorama individually in tour to emphasize panorama important features.
Each panorama is different and needs custom movements. On some panoramas it works but in some panoramas it just move to totally boring view. So I need custom move to view on each individual panorama.

how can i do it? please help to make this.
imme

Hi,

Can you plz help in adding move to view on each panorama. Each panorama in tour should have its own parameters.
Hopki
Gnome

HI imme,
You should be able to use a user data placeholder in the move to view timer.
This mean each pano can have its own view :-)
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
imme

Hi Hopki,

Thanks but I stil can't understand how :? :)
Are you talking about $ut placeholder? Where can i link $ut Or placeholder with panorama? Can't find anything to be placed in timer Action properties. Sorry but cant get it :)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Have a look at this project.
The user data has the pan data it will turn to once the timer has stopped.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
mtv.zip
(39.41 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
imme

Hi Hopki,

I have tried this but there seems to be issues in it. Like on pano image 3 there is always a script error. I have attached image file of error. Tested on Windows7 + firefox +IE

When I load tour, First panorama loads > timer rotates it using move to view function > but than suddenly it jumps back to unknown view instantly. I have tried to set/ remove pan/tilt data from viewing parameters, Tried with/without Target panorama viewing parameters but nothing seems to work here. Pano loads , moves to view and than suddenly jumps to unknown view (unknown view is not default view of panorama).

I am still unable to understand what $us placeholder is doing here. I want to put custom pan/tilt/view values for each panorama individually.
Attachments
error.png
error.png (18.45 KiB) Viewed 6629 times
360Texas

You wrote
I want to put custom pan/tilt/view values for each individual panorama
We are using Win10 and PC with Pano2vr Pro 5.0.2. We put say 3 images in the tour browser window. We place "open next panorama" linking to and back from hotspots in the 3 panoramas. This essentially permits the visitor a circuitous path tour through all 3 panoramas with out getting lost and the ability to get back to the first panorama.

Here is a list of placeholders - take note of "Position" list. You can specify a group of postitons for the function 'Open next panorama'. Example

http://ggnome.com/wiki/List_of_Placeholders

$ap = current pan angle - (use in open next panorama target field and text box)
$an = current pan angle with north setting applied - (use in open next panorama target field and text box)
$at = current tilt angle - (use in open next panorama target field and text box)
$af = current field of view - (use in open next panorama target field and text box)
$cur = current pan/tilt/fov - (use in open next panorama target field)

When trying to draw the visitors attention to a unique point of interest when clicking on a hotspot that uses "open next panorama", I think there is a window where you can with your mouse drag the panorama around, where the cursor is currently located to pan around marking pan and tilt angles and you can zoom in marking the FOV. While locating your 'point of interest' Pano2vr will record the settings for you.

So from the current center screen position of the cursor move -25° left along the horizon; tilt down from the horizon -10°, and fov zoom in to 50, Pano2vr will record setting values of -25/-10/50.

But you already knew this.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

hmmmmmm,
just retested this and all working here on my Mac.
Ill dig out my Windows 7 machine Monday and have a look.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
imme

Hi Hopki,

Thanks Tested it again and its working fine now. No script error. I am adding screenshots for help to others.
Attachments
move to view skin.jpg
move to view skin.jpg (243.6 KiB) Viewed 6603 times
Move to view - User Setting.jpg
Move to view - User Setting.jpg (53.43 KiB) Viewed 6603 times
imme

I made a simple component For getting Exact move to view pan/tilt/fov setting.
Attachments
Get Actual values of pan tilt fov for exact move to view.ggskc
(1.38 KiB) Downloaded 200 times