Version 5 Beta 4 gyroscope android not behaving correctaly

Q&A about the latest versions
pLuz

Hi!

When playing back a tour in android devices (I tried three of them, with different android versions), the gyroscope function behaves "bizarre".
The gyroscope works well, but if you pan or zooom manuallly, after one second or so in the new position, it will automatically move the panorama to some point of the panorama.
I don't have the return to horizon enable, anybody else is having problems?
In the descktop the autorotation works well, running in android it will not auto rotate, that's what I would want.
inertia.jpg
inertia.jpg (28.9 KiB) Viewed 2128 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi pLuz,
The Gyro takes control of the rotation so auto rotate is not going to work and if you manually move the pano after a few seconds it will go back to where the device is pointing.
This is what the Gyro does.

You can add a button to turn off the Gyro so you can then use auto rotate or manually control the pano.
To do this you need to add button with the action:

mouse click => Go To URL => URL: javascript:gyro.toggle(); => Target (leave blank)

You can also use:
javascript:gyro.enable();
javascript:gyro.disable();

This is good if you want two different buttons to activate and deactivate the Gyro.
If you look in the normal ggt you can select to disable gyro on start up. The VR template assumes you will be using a headset so can not be deactivated on startup.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
pLuz

Hi Hopkins, I do understand now you are saying, I'm just used to the Kolor eyes video player gyro behavior that is implemented in a different way.
It moves the video panorama as you move the the tab left/right, up/down, but you are allowed to zoom in/out pan/left/right by hand without returning to the place you are supposed to be pointing.

The additional information that you provided is also useful for me.

pedro luz