Buttons to show sets of nodes according to tag values

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
BrideValley

Hi
I'm using Pano2VR Pro and so far have only used it to publish tours to Google Street View. As a tool for this it is excellent!
However, I'd like to start building bespoke presentations to host on my server so that I can add features that are not available in the GSV environment. I am keen to learn how to build skins in Pano2VR.
As a starting project I have built a tour with 27 nodes, all located with lat/long data so they appear on a simple map (a Google one as it happens). The nodes have each been allocated one of four tags and I have created a simple button for each tag plus a 5th button to act as a "show all". I have scoured the forum and the GG documentation for several hours but cannot find anything that helps me set the buttons up to do what I would like. Does anyone have a link to such a tutorial? I don't wish to have thumbnails on screen or a drop-down menu but would like to display the node title for each panorama when it's on screen. I'm sure this must be possible, but again I can't find what I'm looking for.
If anyone can send links to existing tutorials or documentation I would be very grateful. I'm new to Pano2VR skin development so please try and avoid anything that assumes very much prior knowledge. . .
Many thanks
Simon
lveerde

Hello,
Did not understand very well what so you want to do with these buttons...
You have used tags to make 4 thumbnail/dropdown menus and you wish to display these menus using these 4 (+1) buttons?
This can probably done with simple show/hide actions, but please clarify/show the project :)
Please check my recent tours at: https://www.tuur.ee/en
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
You just need to set a tag to the Map element.
So as an example if you have nodes tagged with, park, playground and carpark.

To show the locations in the Map element you would have four buttons.

Show All: mouse click, set value, value: "leave blank", target: Map1
Show Park only panos: mouse click, set value, value: park, target: Map1
Show Playground only panos: mouse click, set value, value: playground, target: Map1
Show Car Park only panos: mouse click, set value, value: carpark, target: Map1

You can also have custom map pins and even popup preview images on mouse hover.
Please see:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx15PHFOv2M Google Map Intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7D7yLbmXOo Google Maps Advanced

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
BrideValley

Thanks Martin, your reply and the second video gave me all the clues I needed. In the end I modified a sample drop-down menu you posted some time ago (dropdown_menu_simple.ggsk) instead of creating buttons as I decided this would be neater. The menu is populated with tag values which I have to add manually - is there a way to have the skin do this automatically?
I have attached my ggsk file in case it helps others - note that this example has 4 tag values which are Baron, Earl, Duke & Waterloo. This is designed to work with a Google Map so will only work properly if you have set this up for yourself . . .
The more I use Pano2VR the more I want to learn how to design skins - I hesitate to point this out because I respect Martin's input which is huge BUT I find the documentation somewhat limited. Spending hours trawling through the forum is very tedious and often non-productive.
Thanks again
Simon
Attachments
dropdown_menu_for_tagged_panos_with_google_map.ggsk
(2.28 KiB) Downloaded 147 times