Streetview questions

pgielen

Hi,

Will Streetview export be available in both basic and pro versions? Also, I'd appreciate some documentation for making a Streetview tour. It has been a long time since I worked with Pano2QTVR and Pano2VR (version 3) and a lot has changed since then :-)

Pierre
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Pierre,
To get you started have a look at this video.

And part two.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
pgielen

Thanks for the hint. If I see this correctly, only Pano2VR Pro is able to do this. Also, the pano's should be geotagged?

Pierre
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Pierre,
Panos do not need location data as Pano2VR can add this.
Just select the pano in the tour browser and then in the tour map right button click to add map pin.
You then need to set direction.
If you have more than one map pin rotate the pano so the next node in in the middle of the viewer.
Then press and hold the N key the rotate the viewer, the pano will not move but you will rotate the compass.
Rotate until the Tour Maps radar is facing the next map pin.
Of course using Pro is much better but you could use the standard version and upload one node at a time then use the Street View App to link them.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
MFrisbee

I've watched the Export to Google Street View, but I'm still struggling.

I think - or assume - that I've missed a step.

I've started a project, imported all my panos and logged into my Google account. Should the next step be to set all the hotspots - after which we can follow the instructions in the video?

In the video, the hotspots are already there.

I know it's a basic question, but I don't want to waste time doing it all wrong, or in the wrong sequence.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Mike,
This would be my workflow:
1) Open Pano2VR and add your panoramas
2) Open Tour Map and search for your location and place map pins for each panorama
3) Set North, use either Tour Map or hold down the N key and rotate the compass in the viewer
4) Link the panoramas by Auto link in the Tour Map or activating the hotspots in the point hotspot viewer mode, test links by holding down alt + click
5) Open the Google panel, login to your account if not already logged in and add a place to all your images, you can select one place then use the copy button
6) Click the Upload Project button to publish to Google
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
skyfocus

Hi Hopki,

I'm trying this Google Streetview export for the first time and have some questions that are not answered in the screencast.

I've managed to upload a 45 node tour to Streetview and when I'm searching for it in Google Maps I can see the photos. I also see that these photo's are linked to each other and I can 'walk' around.

1) How does the link with the other Streetview photo's work ? With the tour I'm working on (Dinoland see https://goo.gl/Uwt8Xn) I can't walk out of my tour into Streetview outside the park, and this also does not work the other way around. It seems that it is not possible to walk in from the outside ......

2) Is it possible to get the (inside) tour linked in "Look inside" in the search results within Google at the top right of the page ?

3) With Google there was a rule to blur all faces in the photos. Is this still obliged ? If yes, is it possible to only blur the Google export, because I don't want those blurs in the main Pano2VR tour.

4) When auto-adding the Google location to all nodes the title of the node is Changed to the Google Title. After this all my nodes are named the same, because the title-name=node-name that is used thru-out the tour project. I can fix this by clearing the node-title again but this seams to me a bug or a unwelcome side-effect.

regards,

Arjan
Windows 10 Pro x64, Pano2VR pro V6.1.13 , Browser latest Firefox
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Arjan,
From what I know, you would make a pano in your tour very close to the street view panos in the road/outside. If the place is the same then Google would link to this. Thomas made a few panos with his Theta along a street in Vienna, it now has links to other tours, he did nothing to do this, Google linked it. I guess the Place has to be the same and then Google will link to it. I also assume your pano has to be within 3 meters from on elf the Street View panos. Google state outside Pano to be 3 meters apart and inside panos 1 meter apart.

Google are no longer supporting "Look inside". This will also be removed from existing tours on Google.

Re user data and blur tool, I would copy the p2vr project file and have one for hosted tour and one for Google. So open one project add all the hotspots etc and then copy the p2vr file. Then add the blur patches to the copied p2vr file, I would also change the output folder to Google or something different.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
webline

Hi,

just to be save: I do have to enter valid GPS data to each and every pano before uploading it to Google?

I don't have any GPS coord. when shooting indoors - so I would have to use the map to manually place the panos on the map and I have to set north to every node?

This would be a heavy drawback compared to the "old" Google Editor. The Google editor connected all panos automatically and I had to do only minor corrections.

Is it of any use to manually add hotspots for the Google export or should I focus on the GPS locations and Auto link them the Tour Map?!

Regards,

Detlef
panoplay

Yes I do have the same problem.
I can not use the GPS data inside of buildings or my DSLR camera does not support GPS.
So let's say I do make like 60 panos inside. Distance 1 meter.
How can I connect them all manually? It would be like for days...
The street view editor did it automatically and I did have to adjust just a few panos just to make small corrections....

Anyway when I use the map in pano 2VR I need to zoom in a lot more then possible.
Just imagine we need to do like 1 pano each meter distance....

thank you for you answer.....

I do have a lot of work and it must be done :-)
jiminlai

Hopki wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:06 pm Hi Mike,
This would be my workflow:
2) Open Tour Map and search for your location and place map pins for each panorama
3) Set North, use either Tour Map or hold down the N key and rotate the compass in the viewer
4) Link the panoramas by Auto link in the Tour Map or activating the hotspots in the point hotspot viewer mode, test links by holding down alt + click
5) Open the Google panel, login to your account if not already logged in and add a place to all your images, you can select one place then use the copy button
6) Click the Upload Project button to publish to Google
Regards,
Hopki
Hi Hopki,

Just a quick question. I have followed your tutorial closely on YouTube and published a tour of 30 panos to Google. However they are showing as blue dots in maps, as Photospheres, and not yellow/orange dots (street view) as was the norm previously when using Street View Editor. Is this normal?

Jimin
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
I feel your pain as its a different workflow but this is how Google are working now.
We will have a better solution for inside buildings which we are working on.
For now switching from satellite to map view will give you more zoom but the zoom is restricted to what google allow in map, this is out of or control for now.

The situation of the blue yellow/orange dots and Photospheres and Street View is Google doing things on their end. As an example a few days ago I put up an image which on first view shows as a Photo sphere but clicking the thumbnail image in the carousel at the bottom of the screen changes it to a Street View. This was the situation a few days ago. Today the same image only show as Photo Spheresv :?:

But to upload to Google you do need to add map pins to add location data. As for lining up North you can just rotate the viewer to the next node then use the N key and rotate the compass until the hotspot is pointing towards the next panorama.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
webline

Hi Hopki,

"But to upload to Google you do need to add map pins to add location data. As for lining up North you can just rotate the viewer to the next node then use the N key and rotate the compass until the hotspot is pointing towards the next panorama."

It's not only a different workflow - it's a lot more work then before. I didn't have to set the location manually - it was interpolated by the editor.
What would help a lot for the first step: to have an auto distribution option for all selected nodes: place them according to their name (order in the browser window) and move each node for a certain amount (1-2m) away from the next node.
That would help to select each node more easily.

And: what happens to the hotspots I placed manually on the panos? Will they get ignored after uploading to Google?

Best,

Detlef
P.S.: the needed steps for indoor shots are:
2) add a valid location (Google Maps) to the first pano. This will give you the lat/lon for this pano
3) copy the location (and GPS data) to all panos
4) Open Tour Map (don't use satellite view), search for your location and place map pins for each panorama. Be aware that all pins will start at the same location.
5) Set North, use either Tour Map or hold down the N key and rotate the compass in the viewer for each panorama
6) Link the panoramas by Auto link in the Tour Map or activating the hotspots in the point hotspot viewer mode, test links by holding down alt + click. Don't add any custom hotspots - only use the ones generated by the GPS data!
7) add a nadir patch to the master
8) blur all faces and licence plates manually
9) Open the Google panel, login to your account if not already logged in and add a place to all your images, you can select one place then use the copy button. The panos will be published with your Google user name, not with you Company name as before
10) Click the Upload Project button to publish to Google
Kay-Uwe Rosseburg

We will have a better solution for inside buildings which we are working on.
That really would be a great step forward replacing the old Street View Editor! Also the Lock for the connections would be great!

Something else:
After uploading a tour to Google Maps: Do I have to "transfer photo rights" in the Street View App, so that the tour becomes the status Street View instead of photosphere?

Greetings, Kay-Uwe
panoplay

2) add a valid location (Google Maps) to the first pano. This will give you the lat/lon for this pano
4) Open Tour Map (don't use satellite view), search for your location and place map pins for each panorama. Be aware that all pins will start at the same location.
5) Set North, use either Tour Map or hold down the N key and rotate the compass in the viewer for each panorama
6) Link the panoramas by Auto link in the Tour Map or activating the hotspots in the point hotspot viewer mode, test links by holding down alt + click. Don't add any custom hotspots - only use the ones generated by the GPS data!
9) Open the Google panel, login to your account if not already logged in and add a place to all your images, you can select one place then use the copy button. The panos will be published with your Google user name, not with you Company name as before
This placing map pins manually is a real pain.... Imagine I do have a tour of 60 panos inside of a big commercial building. Its even hard to find the first position of my first pano.

well can you help me with this....

I am missing a possibility of moving all tour at ones and resizing the tour....

all trusted photographers understand this, am I right?

thank you, Leo

webline wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:22 pm Hi Hopki,

"But to upload to Google you do need to add map pins to add location data. As for lining up North you can just rotate the viewer to the next node then use the N key and rotate the compass until the hotspot is pointing towards the next panorama."

It's not only a different workflow - it's a lot more work then before. I didn't have to set the location manually - it was interpolated by the editor.
What would help a lot for the first step: to have an auto distribution option for all selected nodes: place them according to their name (order in the browser window) and move each node for a certain amount (1-2m) away from the next node.
That would help to select each node more easily.

And: what happens to the hotspots I placed manually on the panos? Will they get ignored after uploading to Google?

Best,

Detlef
P.S.: the needed steps for indoor shots are: