"Hotspot Proxy ID" ?

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Laurent B

Hello everyone,
When and how to use "Hotspot Proxy ID" ?
Thank you,

Laurent
Laurent BIZIEN Photographies
MacBook Pro 2,6 GHz Intel Core i7 : Mojave 10.14.6 - 6.1 beta3b pro
360Texas

If you have not yet read about hotspots and skin's you might consider looking in the Pano2vr Documentation- it is a link between the Hotspot and the skin element

Read more on both:
http://ggnome.com/doc/pano2vr/5/glossary/hotspot-proxy/
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Laurent B

Thank you for the link 360Texas , I just realized. :)
Laurent
Laurent BIZIEN Photographies
MacBook Pro 2,6 GHz Intel Core i7 : Mojave 10.14.6 - 6.1 beta3b pro
Chu

360Texas wrote:If you have not yet read about hotspots and skin's you might consider looking in the Pano2vr Documentation- it is a link between the Hotspot and the skin element

Read more on both:
http://ggnome.com/doc/pano2vr/5/glossary/hotspot-proxy/
Thanks 360, not sure how much more is explained in the documentation:

Code: Select all

Hotspot Proxy

A hotspot proxy is used to make a link between hotspots and skin elements and their actions.
It is in the Skin Editor in an element’s properties.
Any hope of a definitive use for this? I'm having some difficulty making a hotspot template contain actions to go to an external website. I am using the Goto URL action, I have tried the URL as $ht, $hu. I noticed a new $r for Wordpress users and wondered if this has something to do with it...
Anyway, I am sure that I can link a hotspot to an external URL, but how to do it from a hotspot, do I use hotspot proxy IDs?
Using:
Pano2VR PRO 6.1.15 pro 64bit
build 18116/5.12.2

Windows 10 x64
Human Brain v1.3

est.1971
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Chu,
If you have version 5 you have a component called: Web Link Silhouette.
Open the components toolbox and drag it into the skin.
Save and close the skin.
Add a point hotspot, make sure the link type is URL.
Add a title, and an absolute URL in the url text field.
The target should be one of two inputs, although there are more, _self (replace pano for website) and _blank (open website in a new window).
The hotspot template in the skin has placeholders that will read the data from the point hotspot URL and Target. These are $hu and $ht.
The title will be displayed in the tooltip which has the placeholder $hs

$r was introduced because popup images could not be found in a ggpkg, so this is like a relative path.
If your not using media then its not needed.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Chu

Thanks Hopki, I dragged the component and discovered something... this is good for 'floating' hotspots, thanks.
I already know how to do this to a hotspot.

For this project I have a gallery space pano which presents work on the walls.
The info popup I have for a painting hotspot also has an child element which has logic for its scale set to change with a variable, defined by the painting hotspot.
So, my URL is required as an action for an element in the skin, defined by the hotspot, not on it itself.

My question is, in reply to the topic, does this have something to do with Proxy IDs I wonder?
Hope this makes sense?
Cheers

PS - happy to share my project/skin privately if this helps decipher my gibberish
Using:
Pano2VR PRO 6.1.15 pro 64bit
build 18116/5.12.2

Windows 10 x64
Human Brain v1.3

est.1971
nich008

Sorry, but I can't see what Hotspot Proxy IDs are for either. Could somebody help me out, because I'm sure I'm missing a key piece of the puzzle.

I have to be careful about my terminology, so here goes:
I create a hotspot in pano2vr, and in the hotspot properties panel in the field called Skin-ID I enter the ID of the corresponding skin item I want to use (eg ht_url).

This works, my hotspots are displayed according to the design specified in the skin. I can make my own skin elements, and I can link to them too. All is perfect.

So what is the Hotspot Proxy ID for?
According to the doc:
Hotspot Proxy
A hotspot proxy is used to make a link between hotspots and skin elements and their actions.
or:
Hotspot Proxy ID – Enter the corresponding hotspot ID. The ID should come from the hotspot’s ID field in the hotspot editor. Using hotspot proxies gives you the ability to link skin elements to specific hotspots.
But I've achieved this linkage without using a Hotspot Proxy. What am I missing? Could someone explain a scenario in which they are useful?
Thanks
John
Hopki
Gnome

Hi John,
You can use a Hotspot Proxy ID with both Point and Poly hotspots.
As an example you could show and hide a graphic with a poly.
Have a container with the actions mouse enter and leave show and hide the graphic.
If the polys ID is Poly01, set Poly01 in the Hotspot Proxy ID text field in the container.
As you now mouse enter and leave with your mouse in the poly you will see the graphic also now show and hide.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
nich008

Belated thanks Hopki!
JSchrader

I need a solution for exactly the same problem. Unfortunately this hasn't been answered here.
So please, Martin, or whoever has the knowledge, would you be so kind ...

Thanks a lot
Chu wrote: Thu May 19, 2016 1:18 pm Thanks Hopki, I dragged the component and discovered something... this is good for 'floating' hotspots, thanks.
I already know how to do this to a hotspot.

For this project I have a gallery space pano which presents work on the walls.
The info popup I have for a painting hotspot also has an child element which has logic for its scale set to change with a variable, defined by the painting hotspot.
So, my URL is required as an action for an element in the skin, defined by the hotspot, not on it itself.

My question is, in reply to the topic, does this have something to do with Proxy IDs I wonder?
Hope this makes sense?
Cheers

PS - happy to share my project/skin privately if this helps decipher my gibberish
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
To check my understanding you want to open a popup component but using a poly hotspot not a point hotspot?
If so then please see attached project.
Yes this uses Hotspot Proxy ID's.

How I made the attached.
Open a new project and added the popup component to the skin. Open the point hotspot template and copy all the actions.
Add a node marker and paste in the actions, you can now delete the point hotspot template and image.
In the node marker properties you will see Hotspot Proxy ID, enter something in here that will refer to the type of hotspot, I have used "polypopup".

Save and close the skin.

In the poly hotspot viewer mode add your poly hotspots but where it says ID enter "polypopup".

What will happen is the Poly Hotspot ID "polypopup" will link to the node marker in the skin as this has the Proxy ID "polypopup".
When you click the poly the click will also activate all the action sin the node marker.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
poly_popup.zip
(289.92 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
JSchrader

Me talking point hotspots here.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Ok, I m now lost as we have a popup info component which has a point hotspot.
What is it you want to do?
Cheers,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
JSchrader

The Problem is that the ht_url component will not work here.

I have a point hotspot with a small textbox that opens an image.
In the image there is a text like "Learn more".
When clicking on the text box a website shall open in a new browser window.

I want both the image and the URL to the website to be defined in the hotspot properties of the tour browser.
Because I have different images and fifferent URLs.

Currently onlycan opt to chose a hotspot with an image or with a URL.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Jürgen,
Have you seen this component?
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=12123

I know what you have said but you only have so many text fields you can use in a popup.
So this uses the URL for the image and you add a text link manually in the skin, one for each link required.

The thought behind this its easier to load images this way and its just a case of copy and pasting for the URL button.
And adding to the logic block.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com