Import Dynamic Information from a database

Q&A about the latest versions
DDiCarlo

I have my default skin pretty much set up the way I like it. I've got a decent workflow, but I have 2 questions.

1. I mainly perform tours for real estate property for sale. When the offer price changes, I have to change it within the tour, recompile and re-upload. this is a pain in the butt. From within an element, can I make a call to a database that will display the most recent information? I also have a twitter link, but the twitter comment might change often. How can I make a call, get the correct text from a database and then relay that to be integrated into the tour?

2. What are the upcoming improvements in the new version of Pano2VR? I would love to have if/then type capability or counter capability to possibly have a timed popup within a tour. Some more programmatic stuff would be awesome and really make my tours much more dynamic. Hardcoding things in a tour is very time consuming and leads to many errors... Plus, having to format text within the tour without a WYSIWYG editor is also a pain.

Thanks guys!
Dean
Attachments
hardcode.JPG
hardcode.JPG (81.57 KiB) Viewed 4220 times
JimWatters

In the HTML5 output you can use an iFrame in a text box. You can have the iFrame do the dadabase look up. The page name can be stored in the userdata.

Code:

Code: Select all

<iframe src="pano.html" name="panorama" width="640" height="480" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0" style="float:left; margin-left:0px" allowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen=“true”></iframe>

The publicly acknowledged improvements listed here.
https://ggnome.com/bt/roadmap_page.php
Many more things are happening behind closed doors. Some of these were demoed at the Panotools meeting in Paris last Sept. I think you will be very happy with the improvements.
DDiCarlo

Awesome - thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge, Jim! I'm going to give this a try.

Dean
peterhamlin

Ive been trying to understand this over and over but but cant get the hang of it. I have the 4.5.3 pro version and what I want is the text field to get one value from a spreadsheet.

Ive been using the code above and changed the url to the spreadsheet. my result is this:

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing" name="panorama" width="640" height="480" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0" style="float:left; margin-left:0px" allowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen=“true”></iframe>
Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 15.38.56.png
Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 15.38.56.png (1.42 MiB) Viewed 3944 times
I would be super happy for solutions or points in the right direction about this. Do the 5 version has something that could help me with this?

/Peter
mphoto

any results here? i am very interested in this.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
Set the size to 100% x 100% so the HTML page fill the text box.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/