full screen viewport vs full screen computer

Q&A about the latest versions
JNewberry

I have a pano made with Pano2VR here: http://www.picturedujour.com/l-s-grand-central-market/

When you click on the full screen button, it takes over the entire computer screen.

Here's an example (before you click on the full screen button) of a pano that's full screen in the browser viewport, but doesn't take over the entire computer screen:
https://ggnome.com/samples/pano2vr_4/oetscher/output/

Is there a way to set Pano2VR behave like the second link when clicking on the full screen button? I don't want to start that big--I'd like to start with a small window, but would like to have the option for full viewport but not full computer screen. (maybe someone can help me with my terminology too :roll: )
360Texas

We are using a desktop 27" touch screen computer and Chrome version 35.0.1916.114m.

2 types of full screen = full browser window (with header URL and footer toolbar borders) and full expanded to screen monitor edges

The first "Grand Market" pano with web page embedded small view port and does have a clickable full screen button that expands the panorama to full MONITOR size.

The second pano is Martin Hopki(ns) sky flying which when you click the text hyperlink expands to full MONITOR size.

For both examples your keyboard ESCape key returns you to the prior view.

Pano2vr has full screen feature options.

There is a "Simplex Skin" with an operational 'full screen button'. Its button appears to be a rectangle with a diagonal line... that toggles Full Screen/ Show Element/ Hide Element/

In Flash the Flash Output /html\ tab [Enable HTML file] Template by default shows [normal.ggt] with a second option below for [full screen.ggt]
In HTML5 the HTML5 Output /html\ tab you will find an option to enable Fullscreen [x]

We have learned that iDevices with iOS.6 or 7 that full screen function enables expanded screen but with the browser tool bars showing. Seems iOS devices prohibit removal of the browser tool bar. Android on the other hand operate similar to desktop PC's .. meaning full monitor edge screen.

Hope this helps
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Don

JNewberry wrote:Is there a way to set Pano2VR behave like the second link when clicking on the full screen button?
Jim, yes. However, the answer is borderline between out-of-the-box and coding. If you are comfortable coding, then it goes something like this:
1. In the pano2vr skin editor >> click on the Full Screen graphic icon >> Actions
2. Note the Actions where Source equals "Mouse Click" probably has an Action of "Toggle Full Screen".
3. Your web page called, "360 panorama Grand Central Market in L.A.htm" displays the pano in an iFrame that looks like this:

Code: Select all

<iframe class="pp-embed-content" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="display: block; width: 800px; height: 480px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" src="http://www.picturedujour.com/wp-content/uploads/panoramas/gc…p://www.picturedujour.com/wp-content/uploads/panoramas/gcm/&"></iframe>
4. Give your <iframe> an ID something like this:

<iframe id="myIframePano" class="pp-embed-content" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="display: block; width: 800px; height: 480px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" src="http://www.picturedujour.com/wp-content/uploads/panoramas/gc…p://www.picturedujour.com/wp-content/uploads/panoramas/gcm/&"></iframe>
5. In the skin editor Full Screen icon >> Actions where Source equals "Mouse Click", change the Action from "Toggle Full Screen" to this:

javascript:myTogglePanoDisplay();
6. Cut-n-paste this javascript function someplace between the <head></head> tags of "360 panorama Grand Central Market in L.A.htm"

<script type="text/javascript">
        function myTogglePanoDisplay() {
            var myIframe = document.getElementById('myIframePano');
            var myWidth = myIframe.style.width;
            var myHeight = myIframe.style.height;
            if (myWidth == '100%') {
                myIframe.style.width = '800px';
                myIframe.style.height = '480px';
            } else {
                myIframe.style.width = '100%';
                myIframe.style.height = '100%';
            }
        }
    </script>
I have not tested the above, but looks like it might work as-is. Let me know? Remember, javascript is Case Sensitive.
Don
JNewberry

Thanks very much for the responses. I'll check back if I have further questions about this.
Hopki
Gnome

Interesting, This is how the fullscreen functioned before the fullscreen API allowed proper fullscreen farther then just fill the browser.
This may be worth asking for as a feature, my thoughts are if you have a supper large monitor would you want to go fullscreen with a pano or Object blowing out the image where just filling the browser is more than enough!
Will ask.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
rsmkns

Hi, Hopki,

I would like to see this option as a future feature - that is, the option to choose full window or full monitor. You are correct that with big monitors, a full browser window pan is sometimes preferable.

Ron
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Ron,
Yeah, more so if the quality of the input image is not all that to start with.
Full browser is more than enough for images from devices such as the Ricoh Theta.
BTW the bug tracker/feature request is showing the Dev's have this for the next release :D
The the answer to the next question is, dunno. :wink:
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
jakobox

Hi there,

Just resurrecting this old thread.

I too would like to be able to make an image full browser, not full screen.

Back in 2014 Hopki mentioned that this was slated for the next release.

Hopefully that did happen! However, I can't find any information of how to implement it if it is now part of the Pano2VR package.

Thank you!
360Texas

Hi Jak

If you add a skin to your project like simplex.ggsk... then in the upper right corner of the skin editor find Tools: click on [red box for component tools] ... then in Built-IN components locate and select an icon "Enter Fullscreen" button. This will toggle normal screen < to and back > full screen.

Fullscreen monitor/browser window were a template function for Flash and QTVR (now outdated). I did a quick search for this function in Pano2vr 5.2.3 Pro and did not find it in the OUTPUT panel.

But you can read more about this template function in Pano2vr Documentation.

https://ggnome.com/doc/pano2vr/5/output ... ullscreen/

Hope this helps
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
This sounds like a CMS forum post.
This would only make sense for a package as this opens in a small window.
Pano2VR 5 create all its outputs with 100% browser.
I'll check to see if there is a bug report/feature request for this in the CMS list, if not Ill add it.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com