Wanting to hear opinions

Q&A about the latest versions
caio1985

Hello everybody,

This is my first topic on the forum.
I did some research for posts equal to this one but I couldn't find any.
I'll tell you a bit of my history then I let you express your opinions about my thoughts. Okay?

Well, me and I friend of mine had the idea of creating a panoramic 360º video for event coverage, this was some months ago. Our starting idea was to create a Player which would play these panoramic videos, but since that time we didn't know about panoramic lens we thought about using 8 cameras in a tripod to get the whole 360º view, assuming that each camera would cover 45º degrees approximately (empiric tests done) - but since I have only one camera, we recorded 8 different angles of a static place with this single camera. The Player could open these videos and then assemble them giving the same effect Pano2VR gives but since the application is not for Flash, but C# instead, the user would have to open on its computer, eventually download the application, which is very bothering.

Anyway, now, after some weeks of research over the Internet, we saw many examples and applications but this new way of showing pictures and videos is still on the garage, well, at least in Brazil where I live. Our idea is to start a company where we can film events in 360º panorama and then put these events on a website but we don't know what is the best camera for that and a software which would achieve this in a proper way.

Our idea is to create something much like the Pano2VR sample, where the user can control the camera direction.

So what I want to hear from you is:
- Which software and hardware to use to accomplish this task. I think that Pano2VR is the recommended one, but what about the two others? I also heard of PtGrey Ladybug2/3, are they that expensive?

Thanks in advance,
Caio.