Intro Movie before Node plays?

Q&A about the latest versions
RLemen

Tweak 7. Is there a way to run an introduction video prior to the node playing? A 10-30 second video that fills the screen, plays to its end, then fades into the first node, or plays, stops, then the first node appears. Can this be coded in or is there a tool that allows for this?

Thank you again.
RLemen

So I was thinking about this, can I set up an image as the first node? OR a video as the first node? So when you start the tour it is a still image, you click on it, it starts the video, the video goes for its 10 - 30 seconds at most, when it is done, the live node is presented. Is this a viable solution for an intro slide or video?

Thank you for the assistance.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
The video element should do what you want.
It can have an action when deactivated to hide self and open Next Panorama.
Or already be in the panorama so when it hides the pano shows.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
RLemen

Hello Hopki, how do I set this up? I have a video, but how do I set it so it is the first thing that appears on the page? Is that the order of the tree? or is that set in code under actions?

Thank you again and I really hope I can get all this working soon, I am very happy with this first node presentation and have several tours ready to share as well for feedback.

Have a great one and thank you for all of your generous help.
RLemen

Okay, I got the video to work first, and the trigger is set, but, I have sound in my first node that starts when the node is loaded, and the node loads while the opening video is playing and they overlap. Is there a way to control the sounds in the first node to start playing when the video is complete and disappears from screen?

thank you again.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
If you set your sounds loop to -1, then add an Deactivate => Media => Play action to the video element as well that should do it.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
RLemen

Hmm, this seems to deactivate the audio after the video clip plays. I would like it to pause the audio while it is showing and playing. The intro video is 15 seconds. I have it to Source, Deactivate, Action, Play Media, Parameters, -1which I am assuming is the loop, and the target is Element01, the actual audio file I am attempting to silence for the 15 seconds. This deactivates the video intro after it plays out, just the reverse of what I am looking for it to do currently. Any fix to this by chance?

And thank you for the advice. It has been helpful to play with the properties tools and the Logic Block to attempt figuring them out. Is there a glossary that explains all of their actions?

Thank you again.
Hopki
Gnome

Again why not add
Activate, pause, deactivate play to the video element.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
RLemen

Do I need the sound element to be under the timer in the Tree? Currently the sound node is its own thing and the video and timer attachment are their own thing. I have the sound node attached to a speaker in the room I have made, was added in the very beginning of the design of the space. I am adding the video intro much later. And I am very new to adding extra code, I usually have a programmer do the integration of my VR work so I am just the artist. Now I am making an attempt to do the whole thing so I don't need to wait for anyone.

Thank you for the assistance once again and I am very excited to share with you the projects I am building, get any tips on improving them and get them finally published.
RLemen

AAAHHHHHHH, the -1 on the sound loop worked. YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!

Thank you and many Hugs
RLemen

Okay, so natively I can play the entire node with the intro video and the sound node activating after, but when I look at it in WP, yes, it is finally there, WOOT, the intro video and the sound node do not play. Any thoughts on why this might be occurring?

Thank you again.
RLemen

So on wordpress the video intro does not work. On the iPhone none of the video or audio nodes work at all. Is there a work around so the entire tour can play on any media?

Thank you for the help.