Combining Pano and Object2VR?

Q&A about the latest versions
RLemen

Tweak 6. Can Object2vr be combined with Pano2vr, so that you can pan around a room of things, like an antique store, and have many of the objects in the store clickable to bring up a 3d model version of the object on the sphere? Or say a fountain in a garden can be clicked on to see it as a 3d model independent of the sphere space so the object can also be "walked around" so to speak albeit the sphere cannot allow for that effect.

This would come in handy to import in an extruded patch for the tripod space directly below as a buffer for the eyes. That is, if you have noticed, and maybe not, if you work in a node long enough, or you are doing clean up to a sphere photo, the faux parallax can mess with the eyes and give one a head ache in the same way bad frame rate VR can. It is not as noticeable as VR but it still exists. I can only paint on a sphere for so long before I have to walk away to refresh my head.

So the geometry you can place below the camera line gives actual parallax to the eyes, a place where the eyes can view real overlap and act like a 3D buffer before heading back into the flat sphere space. This would work well if the 360 shot was taken on a table top or on a bar stool. The table or stool could be built as a block object and when the sphere spins the below horizon line space would have geometry generating that subtle parallax the eyes and brain need to feel stable.

I work in VR as well as faux VR(360 skyboxes for sprite games) so I am playing with problems that have been encountered in other project experiments and work-arounds for them.

Thank you again and I love this program.
RLemen

In actuality, now that I have played with object2 I realize it generates movies. But what about an actual geometry plug for the base of the sphere or would additional geometry in this sphere space cause problems with frame buffering or any calculating done with the existing code?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Create an HTML5 output from Object2VR.
Now add the output folder from Object2VR to Pano2VRs output folder.
So now in Pano2VR add a text box and use an iframe to display the object.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/