single controller element call separate img galleries per node

Q&A about the latest versions
kconklin

I have been experimenting with the image gallery component and what I would like to do is have a different gallery on each node, but have a single skin element controller for the whole tour. So, would it be possible for the skin element to call a different gallery base on the current node?

Thanks,
Kevin
kconklin

What I have done is to add a tag to each node indicating the gallery to use (gallery_1, gallery_2, etc). Then I created a skin item using as the controller item for each gallery, and show or hide each one via a logic block based on what the node tag contains.
Hopki
Gnome

HI Kevin,
What you could have done is added more expressions in the logic block that looks at tags in the picture loader and picture pre loader.

Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 16.13.33.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 16.13.33.png (113.83 KiB) Viewed 1723 times

So the gallery will load img_00 in pano1 but load img_01 in pano2.
You can even add "Is Mobile" to this so a gallery will load smaller images for mobile devices.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
kconklin

Oh yeah. And then I added a logic block to the gallery_counter_total text field to have a different image count total per node.

Pretty slick.

One other question - why would the gallery turn an image 90 degrees? Only happened to one image.

Thanks,
Kevin
kconklin

Nevermind on the rotation - figured it out.