Changing Map Overlay Size...

Q&A about the latest versions
RJohnson

I created a map overlay (not google maps) for a pano vr of an interior of an apartment unit. The map is a floor plan view with links to each room vr. When viewing the pano on the website (600x300) the map is too big. When you launch the map the main controls are covered. If I make the map smaller for the window size at the full screen size the map is too small.

Is there a way to create a map overlay that scales proportionately to the main window size? i.e.. small window = small map / full screen = larger map / and everything in between.

Thanks in advance for any replies, suggestions and comments.
-Ryan
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Ryan,
Have a look at this post: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11710
The second post talks about making the map responsive.
You can add as many sizes as you require.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
360Texas

We design for smallest device that will be viewed on. For us that is our Samsung s8 cell phone.

In photoshop we created 182 x 194 pixels map (72 pixels /inch) (probably like your floor plan.)
Then we placed graphic icons of a 'car' and a click on "circle" for each node. Saved the image_1.jpg
In the 600 x 600 canvas SKIN, we placed this image_1 off canvas so that will slide in /out when <-/-> clicked.

On this slider map planel we assigned four marker_nodes for each of the 4 nodes 1,2,3 and 4.
The object is to click on node car circle... and the panorama will GOTO that Next Panorama.
You can of course choose to use your own action.
slider map
slider map
4node_slider.JPG (272.93 KiB) Viewed 2115 times
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
RJohnson

A lot of good information. Thank you Hopki and 360Texas! I'll have more time after the weekend to apply this information. Looking forward to learning more.