Timer + Logic Blocks

Q&A about the latest versions
Dinesh

I've done searches but haven't had any luck finding anything - Is there a way to use a logic block to activate a timer? I have a 2 panorama tour, when each pano is opened, after a few seconds a small info box is supposed to open and then fade away(or close on mouseclick). For the opening pano, I've used a variable with a timer that opens the first info box. How do I set a second timer to activate only when the second pano opens? I figure I have to use tags somehow, but I'm not getting it. When the second pano opens, it should set off the timer, which then opens up the info box for the pano.

Hope this doesn't sound as confusing as I am.

Dinesh
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Dinesh,
The quick answer regarding the question "Is there a way to use a logic block to activate a timer?" is not in V5 but you will in V6.0.
However you can do this already.
Please see attached project.
Note I have added a text box that lets you see the variable count.
So on open it start to count.
At count of 2 the text boxes will show using the alpha logic block in the surrounding container.
At count 11 it will fade out.

On node change the variable count is set to 0 and the count restarts.
The text boxes are using the user data for the information to show.

The container has a mouse click action to set the variable to 11 when hides the container and text boxes.

Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
Dinesh.zip
(23.2 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Dinesh

Thank you Hopki!