Audio files

Q&A about the latest versions
AHansen

About 10 years ago in the old panol VR we were able to put in an audio file that would start automatically when we launched the browser, and we also could put other audio files in and have them play or not play and volume control. I know we can do video files but I don’t see any way of doing just an audio file that we could use. I think I also remember that we could play speakers around so as it would hand over a TV set it will turn on and then as we panda round it will go off is that also possible ?
360Texas

I know we can do video files but I don’t see any way of doing just an audio file that we could use. I think I also remember that we could play speakers around so as it would hand over a TV set it will turn on and then as we panda round it will go off is that also possible ?
You can create a hotspot and add an audio .mp3 and assign it to omni-directional background or narrower directional like only when rotating around to an point of interest like a tele in the panorama image. Not sure about 'Other' audio file types.

I do not remember being able send audio out to stand alone shelf type speaker set or television set.
audio
audio
audio.JPG (51.99 KiB) Viewed 3016 times
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Yep, can do all that.
In the viewer you can select sound, so sound viewer mode.
Please see this document for Viewer Modes
You can then add different sounds and sound modes.

Setting Loop to:
• -1 = stops the sound on pano open and requires an action to start it
• 0 = Plays on pano open and the sound and loops forever
• 1 = Plays on pano open and, plays the sound once and stops
• Then 2 ~999 plays the sound to the count and stops.

You give each sound an ID and this is what you use to reference the sound with skin actions.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
AHansen

This help but not in safari, but found this

★ Background sounds do not work on iOS devices (HTML5) without a button to start and stop the sound. You can add a button for this in the Skin Editor.

Need help finding the start and stop button and how to Executed it?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
With Pano2VR 5.2.2 we use "First Touch" to start sound on iOS so no need for button.
However the action is called Media.

As an example:
Source: Mouse Click
Action: Media
Type: Play Media
Loop: 1
Target: The sound files ID

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
AHansen

I am still new at this and I am not sure how to access "First Touch" So video or more written instructions on how to do this would be very helpful
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
This is not an option you can turn on or off.
As an example.
If you created a project with background sound and set Loop to 0.
On a computer the sound would start on pano open and loop forever, this said may not work with the latest Safari on the Mac as the default is not to play media with sound.

On iOS what will happen is the Pano will open and as you touch the screen the sound will then start to play, so on first touch.
So first touch is used as iOS doe snot allow auto play.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com