How to stop audio from info hotspot

Q&A about the latest versions
bdavis

Hello,

I have an info hotspot with an iframe that contains another page on my site. On that page is a gallery of videos. The videos play fine. When I click the X for the info hotspot, the audio continues. It only stops if I pause the video itself or click the i again after closing the iframe. Is there a way to get the audio to stop when you click the x?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
You need to "unload" the iframe.
In the close button you need to add a set value action that will remove the iframe code from the text box.
The open button then need a set value action that will write it back in.
Once mastered you can have the same text box display as many different iframe as you wish.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
bdavis

So, for the x, I create an action at mouse click to set value at value (leave blank), target self? Then another action for info box to set value at iframe properties? If the info box is in the skin and I am setting value for the info box, I'm at a loss how I could have multiple iframes. This could be useful because I have several rooms, all with different types of media in the iframes.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
The close button can just hide self. but it also need to set the value (blank) to the text box that displays the iframe.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
bdavis

I'm sorry, I don't understand. How would I set a value for the text box from an action in the close X properties and how would I include the iframe properties in a set value for the open text box action? If I write in the actual iframe in the value for the ht-info, it would limit me to one specific iframe for all the rooms when I have them programmed to go to separate web pages.. Would you explain in a step by step manner, please?
Hopki
Gnome

Can you post your skin?
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
bdavis

Sure, I'd love to to that. How? I'm not sure it would help because I haven't made changes to the anything in the skin, the info box, the close X or the hotspot because I don't understand your instructions. The only skin changes with regard to the info box I've made is to make it bigger to contain the iframe.
bdavis

This might help you understand what I am missing.

In order to stop audio, I need to:
Information box "x" actions:
I create a new action where source is (mouse click, I assume)
Action is ______? (Set value, I assume)
Value is ______?
Target is _______?

Information box: Do I create any new actions? If so, what action, value and target.
Ht_info: Do I create any actions? If so, what action, value and target.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
To check my understanding you have a skin that opens a text box which has the code for the iframe.
When the hotspot is clicked the text box shows and you see your iframe
I am assuming the iframe code is added to the text boxes text area.

When needs to happen is the text box to have no text when hidden.
Then when it opens a set value action to set the value, the iframe code to the text box.
The close button then needs to set a value, blank to remove the code as well as hide the text box.

You can export your skin but clicking file and save as.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
bdavis

Yes. That is what I want. The skin for the info box is default. I've made no changes. Only the size is larger. There is nothing for you to see.

Then when it opens a set value action to set the value, the iframe code to the text box.

So, I create a new action (for the ht_info, I assume) where source is (mouse click, I assume)
Value is ______? (I paste the iframe into the value field? If I do this it limits text boxes in every node to one iframe. I have 3 different iframes going to 3 different web pages. Does that also mean I remove the iframes from the hotspot properties?)
Target is _______?

The close button then needs to set a value, blank to remove the code as well as hide the text box.
I create a new action where source is (mouse click, I assume)
Value is ______? (blank?)
Target is _______?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Your correct with the actions but the target will be the text box.
Example adding a text box to the skin will give it the default ID of Text 1, the next will be Text 2 and so on.
However you may change the ID but then the target of the set value action must be the same.

So your setting the value of the text box.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
bdavis

What do I write in the set value for the ht-info?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
The value is the iframe.
I know the next thing will be I want a different iframe for each hotspot.
This is also easy to do.

In the Hotspot Viewer mode add the iframe code to the hotspot description text field.
There is one for each hotspot so so each hotspot can have different iframe.

The the Set value action will use $hd.

What this will do is when the hotspot is clicked the place holder will use the iframe code in the hotspot description text field for the action.
Please see attached project for a two hotspot example.
I have added a bit of CSS to the text box that displays the iFrame.

Code: Select all

box-shadow: 10px 10px 5px #888888;
This makes it look a bit better for me.
Regards,
Attachments
iframe.zip
(12.75 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
panox

Thanks Hopki, very nice! I made a component for my projects.
bdavis

It looks like I will have to experiment with it because what you are explaining doesn't really translate. Probably a language issue. You said I should put the actual iframe code in the skin. Now it looks like you are saying put the iframe code in the info box for each node, where I already have it. Thanks for trying, I'll have to figure it out on my own.