Open Output button greyed out/no live preview

Q&A about the latest versions
Dinesh

Hello,

I'm having an issue where I cannot click the "open output" button to preview what the pano looks like live. I've tried a handful of things, with different outputs selected, and even the integrated web server and local host options checked/unchecked. no matter what, the button remains greyed out and I can't activate it. Is there something I'm missing? I've done a search on the forum to see if others have experienced this but couldn't find anything.

Running Pano2VR Pro on Mac OS Sierra 10.12

Thanks,

Dinesh
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hello Dinesh,

did you generate the output first? What happens if you press the gear? Any error messages?
MfG, Thomas
Dinesh

Hello Thomas,

No - I did not press the gear. I assumed wrongly or rightly, that the gear symbol is the final step in creating the final output folder. I thought that the live preview let's you check how the build is going before you final output.

I just clicked the gear symbol now, and it has created the whole tour folder. It also opens up the tour through local host on my browser and I can browse the tour. BUT, the output open button is now live and works, same by opening a browser window through localhost. But if I continue to make minor changes and adjustments, does it mean I have to keep selecting the generate output button to see how it looks live? If so, what's the point of the open output selection?

Thanks,

Dinesh
thomas
Chief Gnome

This button is helpful, if you reopen a project where you already generated the output.
You can also for example disable the "open after creation" in the settings, and just hit reload in the browser (or the smart phone, iPad...).
If you do it this way, you need to have a way to open the initial window
MfG, Thomas
Dinesh

Thanks Thomas,

I think I understand now. Any changes I make and save and generate output, only overwrites the existing output folder instead of creating new ones and then I can use the open output button to view subsequent changes to that output folder.

Thank you!

Dinesh
360Texas

What we do is... save the updated project and delete the entire /output folder and regenerate the project with the correct file set. Yes we have a fast computer Intel i7 CPU and takes less than 1 minute to complete.

This prevents out dated changes being incorporated into new content.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com