How to remove the © symbol

Q&A about the latest versions
geoff.h

Hi, Does anyone know how to remove the © symbol from an 'info' pop up window? I've set my user data for each node to have a blank copyright field but on publishing the © persistently appears. I've also unchecked the Copyright tick box in the Exif Data in Preferences. Geoff
Frankster69

Hi Geof,

I assume you mean the info popup that comes from the 'i' icon in the controller? Because that one pops up an infobox with the userdata. To alter what it shows, check this:
- Go into the Skin editor (click the cowhide in the HTML 5 output panel)
- In the editor find the folder 'userdata' in the tree
- Make it visible by clicking the eye to the left of it
- Click the little triangle to the left of it to open it.
- you will see a list of T (text) items, labeled Copyright, datetime, author, description, title
- Simply rightclick 'copyright' and select 'cut'
- Save it, output the project again, and it's gone.

This is a fast dirty way to get rid of just that. It pays to research the Skin editor some more. Those T fields can hold your own texts, or retrieve variable text. If you select a T field, you will see it's properties on the right side of the Skin editor. Under the heading 'Text' you can input your own text, or you can select a variable to be automatically filled in by clicking the blue $ sign. This way you can add whatever info you would like to show.

In that 'copyright' T field's text properties you can also just delete the & # 169 (without the spaces) because that is the copyright symbol.

regards, Frank
geoff.h

Hi Frank,

That's sorted it, thanks very much. The advice you give regarding researching the Skin editor more is sound advice and I'll endeavour to make sure I do just that. It's good that we can all benefit from you knowledge and experience in forums like these. Keep up the good work.

Best regards, Geoff