How do I break out of iframe on fullscreen? [SOLVED.. BUT NOT ON CHROME]

Q&A about the latest versions
Frankster69

Hi all,

While still refining my skin, I'm struggling to get something done. My tour is loaded in an iframe in a Joomla site (not using GGPKG, just FTP upload and iframe it). It appears you cannot go to fullscreen mode from an iframe. At least, that function in actions does not work there (it does when I load full from the original output index.html). I read something here about the order of things and an iframe comes last, so would not react to things before.

I try to get around that by making the fullscreen button load a URL to a _blank target. This works, however it always loads the start of the tour, so you have to start all over again. Then I tried Direct node access, to open the tour in a _blank target on the second node, bypassing the start one. That works, but now it always opens in the second node, even if you press fullscreen halfway in the tour. So again you have to navigate to where you were in the tour.

If I try open next panorama I cannot give a blank target and the button just advances the tour by 1 node, but does not re-load in a new window. Then I tried to open a direct node url but with index.html#{$next}. That didn't work either. Lastly I tried to open next panorama, put in expert mode and altered the url to {$next} target="_blank" but that just does nothing.

How can I make it either open in fullscreen from a loaded iframe, or open the next node (preferably even the same node I'm on) in a new window? I'm baffled at this point :)

Any help appreciated, it's basically the last thing that doesn't do what I want it to :)

regards, Frank
Last edited by Frankster69 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Frank,
Make sure your iframe has the allow full screen code:
See this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11371&p=46735&hilit ... ode#p46735

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Frankster69

Hi Hopki,

Thanks!! Yes, that did it! My standard iframe wrapper didn't do this, had no option to set that. But when I used the code in a custom html module I could get it in, now it works as it should, just Enter Fullscreen, no complicated workarounds, love it!

Had to instruct my inline editor not to scrap iframe code first though :)

So simple... Never was a P2V issue after all :D :D

regards, Frank
360Texas

We knew you could figure it out.

Good for your sharp mind set.

Thank you for sharing.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Frankster69

Damn, another snag...

It works on desktop, but on mobile my website header and a piece of that page are projected on top of the fullscreen tour. I will have to see if I can find a setting in the template to override this.

http://www.free-frank.net/portfolio-2/p ... s-sevenaer

Any thoughts?

[EDIT]It seems to be browser specific... On mobile Chrome does this, it pulls part of the website on top of the fullscreen. But on mobile Firefox it does work, it goes fullscreen without overlays. This I need some time with.[/EDIT]

regards, Frank
Frankster69

No luck with Chrome on mobile.. AND DESKTOP

I went through all settings, in Chrome, Joomla, my template (Joomshaper Helix 3), couldn't find anything. Searched Google and this forum but nothing. Tried a different template for my site, same thing: In Firefox all is working well, but in Chrome it's not.

And not only on mobile, also on desktop (Chrome and Chromodo [Chrome base from Comodo] )!!

The tour has been send to the castle owners for review, so I changed back to opening the tour's url in a new tab. I can't risk them seeing this. I can only try again after I spoke with them.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Frank,
If you wanted to send me you package I will test it on my test site.
My test site is a basic install with all default settings.

This does sound odd as I don't have any issues.
You can send it to support@ggnome.com
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/