Request: increment skin element name on paste

Q&A about the latest versions
Frankster69

Hi Garden Gnomes,

A feature request: If you copy an element/component in the skin editor and then paste it back as duplicate, can it be made so the element ID's increment with _1 (2..3..)?

If I make duplicates now, every element in a component has the same ID, and I have to manually change that. This can be quite tedious and it's easy to forget a few. It would be great if the Skin editor recognises this and auto-increments the name. Would that be possible?

It's a good thing the editor does warn for duplicate ID's with an exclamationmark, but this would be a smoother way I think?

I then still need to edit Action or Logic statements to point to the right ID, but that can't be helped I think.

Must say I'm still in awe about the skin editor... Getting ideas and working out how to do it and then find you have the tools to just that is a huge joy!

I could even imagine porting it out of Pano2VR to create a standalone editor for rich interactive HTML5 applications, but that's another thing altogether :)

regards, Frank
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hello Frank,

thx for the suggestion, but you already touched on the problem with that, because it gets tricky to find out what to do with actions.

Did you know that you can just double click on the exclamation to do exactly what you asked for?
MfG, Thomas
Frankster69

Hi Thomas,

No I did not know that, thanks. Must say Pano2VR is very userfriendly to my opinion :)

I would still want to hold up my request, but I do understand there are some issues (Actions et) to consider. But incrementing the ID's would be a good start imo. In some components there can be a fiar few ID''s and it's easy to miss something.

Nonetheless, it's not crucial, I can work with the current state of affairs.

regards, Frank