Pin and Align Video (LivePano) workflow with Autopano request

Q&A about the latest versions
swedVR

Hi Hopki,

I've been using Kolors Livepano solution lately but it forces me to work with Panotour and I much rater work with Pano2VR.

Pano2VR's video solution offers better quality compared to Kolors LivePano solution but they have a faster workflow. Sure you need to buy Kolor Autopano, Panotour and Livepano for kolors solution to work but time is money so it's worth it if the workflow is much easier and faster. With that said, Kolors workflow is still far from easy or fast.

Here's your tutorial: https://ggnome.com/wiki/Pin_and_Align_V ... Pano2VR%29

My problem with this tutorial is that it's outdated (Pano2VR looks and works differently today) and that I don't own PTgui.

I chose Autopano giga over PTgui since it offers better stitching. Numerous comparison tests and youtube videos have shown that Autopano wins in most cases so I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's using Autopano.

My question to you is, if you could please update your tutorial and make two versions? One for PTgui and one for Autopano. It's ok to wait with the video if you have more features coming in version 6 that will affect the workflow.
Howard

We just acquired a license to use the LivePano workflow, so I'm looking forward to trying it as an easier alternative to the highly technical Pano2VR pinned-and-aligned system using PTgui.

I agree that it would be great if a future version of P2VR could provide an automatic pinned and aligned capability, perhaps (like Autopan) as a upsell feature or plugin.
swedVR

Hi Howard,

Don't be alarmed if your livepanos display a visible mask. There's a fix that I've found and you can find the solution in the kolor forum.

//Anders
swedVR

The biggest deal breaker with Pano2VR's equivalent to Livepano that I just found out, is that it does't work on my android phone.

This will force me to use Kolor since roughly 50% of all web traffic is from mobile users.

I believe I've read some post from Hopki mentioning something about Android and iOS refusing to autoplay videos but all of my kolor LivePano demos work on mobile so there is definitely a way to solve it.

//Anders
360Texas

You mentioned
on my android phone.
Which Android O/S is your phone using ? Which web browser are you using ?

We are using a Samsung 7s with OS 7.0 current version and our 4k movies play using Chrome.

Alot of display issues flow from the web browser being able to display the images
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
swedVR

I have the Sony Z3 compact with android 6 and latest version of chrome.