Sound file repeats on every node

Q&A about the latest versions
BHanson

Hi Hopki,

I have a background sound that plays once and then stops. Then when I go to the next pano, it starts again. I saw a post of yours where you said to do the following:

Hi Guys,
In 5.1 set background sound and set loop to -1.
In the skin add a button with actions:
mouse click, media play/pause, loop 0, _background
If you want the sound to play on project open add the action:
player init, media, play media loop 0, _background

If the sound is started in the project, in other words loop 0 or 1,2 etc, then the project "owns" the control of the sound which is played in every node. Even if you stop it, as soon as you change nodes it will play again. This is because you may not have a skin.

However if you do as above and the skin starts the sound, then the skin owns the sound.
If you play the sound it plays continuously throughout the tour. If you click the play/pause button the sound will stay paused regardless of nodes until you click the play pause button again, playing from where you left off.
The play/stop action will restart the sound.
Regards,
Hopki

I am in the Silhouette skin and I see "add a button" above the canvas, however every time I click on it, or try to drag it to the canvas, or double-click on the canvas after clicking on the "add a button icon," it opens file explorer, looking for a button to import. How the heck do I simply add a button so I can then add the actions? Completely flummoxed.

Thanks,

hansonb4
k.ary.n
Gnome

Did you get this figured out?

If not, this video might help in explaining how elements are added in the Skin Editor.

A button is essentially an image. So, it's looking to add a button. Your button. Once you select your image/button from the explorer, you can add actions to it. You can also just drag the image in. Or, if you don't have an image on hand, use a button from one of the built-in skins. Or, just draw a rectangle and add an action to it (the quick and dirty way).