Resume animation where it paused on mouse leave?

Q&A about the latest versions
Frankster69

Hi Hopki,

Another question :) If I have an animation, and assign mouse over and mouse leave actions to hotspots, the animation either flows back or (worse) jumps back to the start of the animation and plays from there.

I would like the animation to pause on mouse hover and resume where it's at on mouse leave, so it picks up where it left of instead of first returning to start. How would I achieve that? Or can it be built-in the choices for the action?

best regards, Frank
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Frank,
This is in our bug tracker as a feature request.
At the moment it will always move the pano to the start position.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Frankster69

Hi Hopki,

Ok, thanks for the reply. This does make the animation less usefull.

I have also noticed that in the time it takes to get back (straight line) to the start of the animation, I can't select any of the hotspots, and they don't make the fly-back pause anymore (I gave stop on hover actions to the hotspots).

Once I move my mouse off a hotspot, it either jumps or flows to the start of the animation, and I have to wait it out before I can navigate through hotspots again.

Hope you get around to fixing it relatively soon :)

regards, Frank
meynaB

Hi Frank,

I had the same issue and kinda did a workaround.
I started creating serveral mini clips in the animation editor, where you have several miniclips for one panorama.
So if you now stop the animation and start it again, it will resume at the last mini clip.

Which means i.e.:
You have a animation which just turns 360° horizontal.
Split this up into 4 x 90° animation clips of the same panorama.
Then you stop for example at 100° and start the animation again at 90° and not at 0°.

Maybe this is a workaround for you aswell.

best regards,
manu