Click to start tour?

Q&A about the latest versions
Frankster69

Hi Hopki,

How do I achieve it that a tour loads, but not starts?

I want everything, the fly-in and autorotate/animation to NOT start when it's loaded but instead have a button to start the tour. Now, if the tour is down on the page, when I scroll to reach it, it has already started so I'm missing the fly-in since it started when the page loads, and has already finished once I reach the tour by scrolling down.

Tried searching for a solution, but couldn't find it. I'm sure it's easy to achieve but how?

regards, Frank
Frankster69

I managed to do it by loading another static html page in the iframe, with a link to load the tour. That works, but it would be nice to do it all in Pano2VR, is that possible?

regards, Frank
soulbrother

I created a invisible button, named it: "button-fly-in"
only one action:
- on mouseklick go to view (with parameters of my prevered "start-view")

Also I created a screentint (rectangle) and a button (or logo, or textfield) as child element.
A klick on the button, does trigger actions:
- set view 0/-90/300/Fisheye
- trigger click, target: button-fly-in
- change element alpha, 0,0, target: parent

What happens:
The panorama starts, but the screentint is in front, you don´t see the panorama.

The visitor clicks on the start-button.
At this moment, the svreentint is still visible, but the action "set view" does push your panoramaview to that fisheye-view that you want to use for a fly-in.
Next moment, the invisible button "button-fly-in" is triggered and the fly-in effect starts.
Next moment the screentint does fade-out.

by the way: (HOPKI !!)
I gues there is a bug, because this works well, as long as I use the fisheye view on my first action (set view), but it does not work proper, when I try to use stereographic view (what is used for a fly-in effect usually...)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I have setup a skin as you describe and it works for me with Stereographic projection.
Also no need for the trigger click and extra button.
The actions are executed from top to bottom so if you have them in order:

Mouse Click, Set View, to set up the stereo view
Mouse Click, Change Alpha of screen tint
Mouse Click, Move to View back to default view.

Please see attached project.
Tested with Windows 10 and Mac Sierra.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
FlyIn.zip
(891.89 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Frankster69

Hi Hopki and Soulbrother,

Thanks for the replies. The included skin set me a bit more on my way, but going along I chose a different approach. It now opens with a fly in, but then stops on the default view. After the fly-in, an introscreen explaining the controls fades in, with a start button. That first panorama is not linked to any node, the start button loads the first tour-node.

The splashscreen has no less then 14 actions assigned to it!

Now it opens with a nice little planet fly in to the castle, without any controls or hotspots in it, but then starts the tour at the entry of the drive-way with all the skin elements fading in. Looks a lot better :D

The full tour is now running here: http://www.free-frank.net/portfolio-2/p ... s-sevenaer

Enjoy!

regards, Frank