V. 5.2.1 will not save license on new computer

Q&A about the latest versions
rsmkns

I just got a new Macbook Pro (3.5 gz) and loaded Pano2VR 5.2.1 on it. It keeps reverting to trial mode. I had no problems with my earlier laptop. I know this was addressed in the past, but it is still a problem for some reason with this new laptop.

Ron
360Texas

1 license for 1 computer maybe ?
Maybe you were thinking about Hopkies replay 5 September below

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12255&hilit=second+license
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
rsmkns

No, the license simply does not save and it reverts to trial mode. There is a thread that states that this was a known bug on some Macs back with beta 2 of 5.1, and it should have been fixed by now. I did note that it only reverts back to trial mode when I change the preferences, which of course I want to do in terms of the codec and a few other issues. If I don't change the preferences, it stays in licensed pro mode.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
This bug was fixed a while back and so far no one is reporting it.
I test on a Mac Pro and a Mac Book Pro.

When you change a preference Is it saving the setting?
Do you have any security software installed?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Howard

I don't have a new computer, but this issue is now happening for me frequently. Can be it related to the "quit when closing last window" option?
rsmkns

It does not save preferences. I have no security software and did a clean OS install (10.12.6) after I got the computer.
Hopki
Gnome

HI, download 5.2.2.
Does this make any difference?
If not please try creating a new user account on your Mac, don't install any other software and see if this corrects the issue.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
rsmkns

I tried both: downloaded 5.2.2 (no change) and then made a new account with no added software. It still reverts to trial mode, but not every time. I cannot find any consistent pattern. Sometimes it reverts on the initial close of the app; sometimes only after opening and closing multiple times (3-5).
rsmkns

With repeated experimentation, I have found two conditions in which the license is lost and the app reverts to trial mode: 1. When working in the skin editor and I add some "user defined" components. 2. At the beginning of a project when I "Add a Project" (only the first time, if I add more projects, it does not subsequently revert to trial mode again).

Unfortunately, I do these two things all the time, and thus it keeps revert to Trial mode.

Any ideas?

Ron
rsmkns

My previous issue was with a new laptop (MacBook Pro). I recently also got a new desktop (iMac) and decided to trip Pano2VR on it. The license there also keeps reverting to Trial Mode. Both computers are running the newest OS (Sierra 10.12.6). Both revert to Trial mode in the same conditions discussed in a previous message. It seems to be some issue with the new Macs.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Ron,
Can you send me an e-mail to support@ggnome.com with a reference link to this post.
I'll pick this up on Monday when i'm back in the office.
I can't reproduce but Im on a 2012 Mac Book Pro 15" Retina.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
rsmkns

This was the same as my old laptop and I also did not have a problem. Only began when I got the new laptop, and also the new desktop.

I sent the email.

In addition to the conditions described above, it reverts to Trial Mode on seemly random occasions as well (i.e., I can find no pattern).

Ron
acacord

I'm seeing this same issue. 5.2.2 running Mac OS 10.12.6
boasey

I'm having the same problem running 5.2.3 pro on High Sierra 10.13.2.

Was this ever fixed guys?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
The license key is saved to the Plist on the Mac.
For it not to be able to save then you need to look at permissions etc.
Something is preventing it saving on your Mac.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com