default setting for

Q&A about the latest versions
nigbo

2017-08-29_12-29-41.jpg
2017-08-29_12-29-41.jpg (30.62 KiB) Viewed 3051 times
Is there a way to change these settings to a different default?
like I use always "equirectangular" and "jpg"

Herwig

Great tool to work on tripods nadirs etc.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Herwig,
Just open the Convert Output dialog window then set up for "equirectangular" and "jpg" and click the Save as Default button as found in Pano2VR 5.2.x.

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 17.14.45.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 17.14.45.png (44.76 KiB) Viewed 3044 times

However this only does one image at a time.

If you have Pro and want to convert all input images then I would make a transformation template that can convert many panos in a batch.
How to, make a Transformation output, set Type to Equirectangular and set size to 0, which will then change to auto. In other words use the input image size. Then set the format to JPG then set the output file path to: output/$n.jpg
Once you have your output at the top just right of the red cross is the Save as new template button. Save this output as a template.

All you have to do now is open Pano2VR add your image, click the green + and open the template.
Create output.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
nigbo

Thank a lot. My little dumm question got a whole solution as an answer. And it works perfectly.
Great!
nigbo

Working further on the default settings, I have a problem to get the general settings to becom "default"
That means:
- Output to html 5
- my preferred skin
- settings like "double click for full view"

etc.

I create a Panorama, try to save it as the default setting, but the next new file is still the normal setting.
How can I default all my output settings including skins etc.?

Thanks for advice
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Whatever you set as default thats what you should see.
Iv just tested with two HTML5 outputs with different skins and output settings.
A new project opens with these outputs and settings.
Can you make a video of what your doing?
Or you can also ways save outputs as templates.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
tksharpless

A big thank you from me, too, Hopki. I really like P2VR's patching facility but had been put off it by the need to fiddle with the transformation output controls every time. With the template it is a piece of cake.

Well, I have had a bad experience with the patcher getting stuck when I did something stupid -- I think closing PS without actually having edited the patch. It kept showing that zombie patch even when I tried to cut a new one. But all was well after restarting P2VR.