Toolbar Display Problem on Phone

Q&A about the latest versions
Roy Reed

I've just completed a test of a tour that I need to show to a client (hopefully on Friday) and I have a problem with the display on my phone. The Fullscreen button has disappeared from the toolbar. I'm using a slightly modified version of the SimplexV5 skin.

You can see the actual page here: http://reeddesign.co.uk/wordpress/web-d ... rama-test/

This is installed on WordPress on my site and will eventually have to be on WordPress on my client's site.

Here's a screen grab from my phone showing the missing button.

Screenshot_2017-08-16-16-27-41.jpg
Screenshot_2017-08-16-16-27-41.jpg (56.31 KiB) Viewed 4135 times

The Fullscreen button is there when I view on a desktop browser in Responsive Mode at phone size.

I've attached the project .p2vr file in case that helps.

Thanks.
Attachments
StMatthews.p2vr
(16.61 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
Last edited by Roy Reed on Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roy Reed

I've just noticed that as the page/panorama loads on my phone that the fullscreen button is there, but disappears when the load completes.
360Texas

Maybe not enough pixel space on right side of toolbar.

I had that issue with smaller smartphone screens... the far right button was actually there on the stage... but not enough space to display when fully loaded. I could see my button if I held the smart phone in landscape orientation.

What happens of you position the toolbar starting full left side ?
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Roy,
This is because the folder in the skin called button_simplex_fullscreen has a visible logic block that hides it when it detects its opened on a mobile device.
This is because iOS does not understand the fullscreen API so rather than have a button that does not do anything it will hide.
You can of course remove this if you wish.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Roy Reed

360Texas wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:31 pm Maybe not enough pixel space on right side of toolbar.

I had that issue with smaller smartphone screens... the far right button was actually there... but not enough space to display when fully loaded. I could see my button if I held the smart phone in landscape orientation.

What happens of you position the toolbar starting full left side ?
No, there's room for the button, and as I mentioned in my second post, I can see it appear as the panorama loads, and then disappear as the load completes.
Roy Reed

Hopki wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:45 pm Hi Roy,
This is because the folder in the skin called button_simplex_fullscreen has a visible logic block that hides it when it detects its opened on a mobile device.
This is because iOS does not understand the fullscreen API so rather than have a button that does not do anything it will hide.
You can of course remove this if you wish.
Regards,
Hopki
Mine's an Android phone, so the detection is just checking for a mobile device, not one that uses iOS (fullscreen works fine on Android).

How do I remove this function? I've looked in the skin editor and can't see anything obvious. I'll add some text on the page saying that iPhones will ignore the fullscreen function. And does this apply to iPad as well? I don't have one to test on until my wife gets home.

Or what would be an alternative solution for displaying this in a way that's fully responsive. The client wants this to be seen embedded in a page that talks about the history of the church, so I can't go straight to a page displaying fullscreen.
Roy Reed

I'm talking to myself here, but I suppose I could give an extra link direct to the index.html file in the folder that gets unpacked from the .ggpkg file. That should be a solution for iPeople.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Roy
As said you can just delete the logic block.
Select the fullscreen button container (Red)
Select the visible logic block (Blue)
Then delete it (Green)
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 22.49.52.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 22.49.52.png (197.69 KiB) Viewed 4108 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Roy Reed

Thanks Hopki, that's brilliant!