Firefox - WebGL warning: textImage2D: Conversion requires pixel reformatting

Q&A about the latest versions
IronWagen

My pano is giving me the following error multiple times in the Firefox dev console:

WebGL warning: textImage2D: Conversion requires pixel reformatting

The error results in very bad performance with the pano tour, but only on Firefox.
I googled the error message and it seems the reason is that the tiles are not in powers of two. I have tried setting the tile sizes manually in Pano2vr but nothing seems to work. Chrome and Safari runs the tour smoothly. Is there a way to fix the error?

Thank you!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Do you have a link to a pano that shows this error.
Pano2VRs default is 510px tiles with 1px overlap which results in a 512px tile as found in the output and tiles folder.
However depending on the size of the input image will depend if each tile is actually 512px.

Pano2VR remaps the Equirectangular image to cube faces.

If you add an image to pano2VR then in the HTML5 output goto the Image tab and select Multi Res, Manual.
Over type the first level with 2040px. As you click the + button the next level should be 1020 and the next 510.

When published every tile in the tiles folder should be 512px.
Try this and see if you still get the error.

Personally I don't get any problems with Firefox and, do you see the same errors with this Tour?

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
IronWagen

Thank you for the reply!

Yes, your example was also giving the error on Firefox but I updated Firefox and it no longer gives the error. My own tour also seems to work now. Should have updated the browser long time ago :roll: