Copying Sounds?

Q&A about the latest versions
rsmkns

I have a several very large tours (100+ nodes), to which I want to add the same sound to all the nodes except for 6 to 8 nodes. Is there any way to copy a sound for one node to another?

I tried adding the sound to the master node, but there seems to be no way of changing the sound for the 6-8 nodes with a different sound. I can edit the xml file, but I would have to do this every time the tour is compiled (this still might be my best option).

Any other suggestions? It would be nice if I could simply select the sound icon in one node, copy it, and then paste it in other nodes, but this is not presently possible it seems (new feature?).

Thanks for any help.

Ron
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Ron,
Add the most played sound to the master node as background sound.
Then select the nodes that need different sound and add it to there background sounds.

What will happen is the project will open playing the market node sound but when you click on a node with different sound it will play. As you go back to a node which has the mast node sound, then it will play.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
rsmkns

I see how this will work with sounds that start automatically with only two different sounds. I am using a static sound with a skin button to start/stop it, and each of the non-master node sounds is different and each is only for one node. In other words, I have one sound for 100 nodes, and 6 to 8 sounds for one node each, all static to be played with a skin button.

I think this complicates the problem.

Ron
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Ron,
Then use the list view, add the sound in the first pano, open the list view and copy the sound in the list.
You can then select each node and past in the sound, but you need to select the list first.
This would be quicker than adding the sound to each pano.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
rsmkns

Hmm . . . I had tried this numerous times and could not get it to work. What I found was that I actually need to click on an item in the list before paste, and then it copied. Even with the list open, it would not copy unless I selected something in the list.

Thanks, once you said it could be down, I kept persevering until I got it work.

Ron