making use of VR panorama exports in headsets?

Q&A about the latest versions
Bobski

Im trying to explore the options for VR from rendered content using headsets for architecture. I have a cardboard and and Iphone and considering getting a rift. I would also like to share the panos with clients so they can easily look at them on their phones either in a cardboard or just held out in front of them.

From what I can tell in the posts here things are still in their infancy. No rift support and getting a pano generated on your pc into an iphone to view with cardboard is a minefield but if you have an android phone its easy. I would need something cross platform. I cant even just view a simple pano in cardboard, people say just rename it to pano_something.jpg but IOS picks up on that and doesnt let you save it to photos. You cant load an image into cardboard IOS manually you need to get it to scan for compatible images which draws a blank.

There are loads of subscription services you can pay to host your content but they are very expensive for occasional use. Could pano2VR grab this gap in the market and provide a free app in both android and IOS that will load in your pano for viewing? It can be proprietary formats so only tours creating in pano2VR work with it.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
For iOS you can use "Documents" by Readdle.
Not so good for viewing normal panos as every time you touch the screen it toggles the borders. But when used for cardboard its fine.
For Android just use the File Transfer app to get tehoutput folder on the phone then get yourself a free file manager app and open the HTML page.
For showing Panos on the iPad I would use iBooks as you can then have a portfolio.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Bobski

Thanks I'll give those a go.

Any further news on Rift support for tours? we are looking at buying one to give the best experience so just wondering how far away we are from being able to offer a full tour in headset?

Thanks