Audio in a .JPEG

Q&A about the latest versions
BHanson

Google's Cardboard camera app allows you to take a panorama (not a photosphere) and allows the option of recording the ambient audio while taking the panorama. The photo can then be uploaded into Google Photos and using a Google Daydream headset, one can see the photo in VR and also hear the audio. You cannot hear it when looking at it just on your phone, nor on your computer browser; the audio can only be heard when viewing the photo on a Google Daydream headset. Also, I noticed that the file is save with the following naming convention: "nameofphoto.vr.jpg."

With Pano2vr, I added a .wav file to a photosphere and saved it as a "name.vr.jpg". When I upload the photo to Google Photos and then view the photo either using the Google Daydream headset or just viewing the photo on my phone, there is no audio.

Does anyone know how to add audio to a .jpg (or if needed a different file extension) photosphere that allows you to hear audio when looking at a photo (not a tour)?

Thanks,

Bob
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Bob,
JPG is standard that does not support audio.
Pano2VR uses native browser support to play audio so this format is not supported.
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/