How to pass external value into pano skin for title?

Q&A about the latest versions
Hrvoje

Hello

I wonder, is it possible to pass panorama title value with URL parameter?
This is related to droplet feature
If I set $n as title in p2vr file, than it gets title from file name.
This is OK if title is one letter word without spaces and special characters.

But some of my pano titles have more than one word and also contains special characters so I cannot name jpg files accordingly.

I know that I could edit p2vr file created by droplet and add appropriate title, but I'd like to automate process as much as possible.

Most of my Droplet automation are for http://www.krk360.com project and since I'm already creating locations in the map with this array:

array("GLatLng" => "45.026061, 14.576806", "URL" => "Kamplin_zid_1", "Name" => "Kamplin Walls"),
array("GLatLng" => "45.026175, 14.576911", "URL" => "Kamplin_zid_2", "Name" => "Kamplin Walls"),
array("GLatLng" => "45.026884, 14.576956", "URL" => "Kod_Wilhelma", "Name" => "Kantun Square"),

and opening panoramas in shadowbox, I wonder, is it possible to pass Name into pano Skin to serve as Title?

Thanks,
Regards
Hrvoje

Le Bump
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Not my area of expertise so will forward this to the developers to and let you know.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Just out of curiosity, I know the developers have done a lot of work with special characters.
Have you tried it?

As for the request i'm thinking this is not a good idea to add the name as part go a URL, browsers are not keen on special characters in the address bar and this could also lead to problems.

Speaking with one of the developers he says he has no problems with German special characters as file names as long as you not using exclamation marks etc.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Hrvoje

Hi

I tried our special letters šđčćž in hotspot names and other "internal" infos and it works OK, although I'm avoid em in anything URL and file related.
Most of modern CMS systems like Joomla and Wordpress support em in SEF urls if Unicode Aliases is activated, but I don't use it because not all users can type our or other special character without tools like Charmap which is a hassle.
Also using special chars in file names should (still) be avoided.
So my intention was to use English letters only.

Conclusion:
- Special character support works perfectly for names and other infos
- Non special characters should be avoided to maximize compatibility and lower possible server problems

Regards