Bypass view limits on fly in

Q&A about the latest versions
jakobox

Hi there,

As I get more familiar with the software, here's one quirk I'm noticing: Whatever values I have set for the Fly-In will be superceded by the values in viewing limits.

The logic must be that pano2vr won't show you anything on the fly in that you are limited from seeing when the user is controlling the experience.

Personally, I would prefer to be able to do a fisheye fly in from above, but then be able to have a more limited field of view *after* the fly-in experience.

Is this possible (with some workaround that I couldn't find?) Or is it something that I could throw out as a feature request?

Thank you!

Jake
jakobox

Just wanted to gently bump this up in case anyone has any insight. If it's not possible, I'd love to suggest it as a potential feature for future versions.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Whats the projection your using in the tour?
You can set viewing limits separately for fisheye, stereo and rectilinear.
You you can have a very zoomed out fisheye projection but when it fly's in and goes to rectilinear this can be limited.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
jakobox

Aha. thanks for the pointer. If I understand correctly, it sounds like a potential "workaround" for what I want to achieve would be a fly in projection in one mode, and then the projection for normal viewing in another mode. I will experiment with this as soon as I can and report back on how it goes.

Thanks for the insight!