continued issue

Q&A about the latest versions
BHanson

Hello,

I followed Hopki's 5:38 video step by step to create the tour just as you did, creating the std and vr output. When I hit the gear for each one, I was able to do exactly what he did: toggle between the standard view and the vr view and navigate back and forth between the two pictures. No issues whatsoever.

I then uploaded the folder to google drive and then downloaded the entire output file to my phone. Using the Android app "File Manager" from Cheetah mobile and setting Firefox as my default browser, I navigated to the vr index.html file and when I tried opening the file with firefox, I was met with the message "Error:NetworkError: A network error occured." When I went to the std folder and clicked on the index.html file, All of the navigation buttons load but the tour only shows a black screen with the message "Loading...0%".

I am hoping that someone can try viewing my sample tour that I put together to see if they are able to successfully open it, which would mean my phone is at fault. If you cannot, then that means it is the tour itself. Can you please check for me? I attach the zip file for you. My phone is an android, not sure if an iPhone would be able to open this. I assume it could.

Thanks for any assistance.

Bob
Attachments
HollandMI_test.zip
(7.36 MiB) Downloaded 125 times
IronWagen

So did you upload the tour onto a proper web server? I'm not fully sure but I think Google Drive can not host web pages.
BHanson

I only used Google Drive to get it off of my PC and then onto my phone. Using Firefox and myriad file managers, I could not get it to work. I also uploaded to a bucket on AWS and it failed as well. If anyone could PLEASE try the file I had included with my original post so I can determine if it is something I am doing wrong or my hardware (Google Pixel XL).

Thanks,

Bob
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Bob,
Iv downloaded your files but not working.
Can you post your p2vr file as i don't think you have is set up right.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
BHanson

Thanks Hopki. I would watch you do a step in your video and then i'd pause the video and do the same step, then proceed to the next step, then the next step, etc... I really appreciate your help.

Bob
Attachments
project.p2vr
(4.46 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Bob,
It looks like the android phone does not like the way it has to read the XML file outside the folder with the HTML page.
To this end Iv come up with a new way of doing this which is actually much better.

Im using Pano2VR 5.2 on the understanding you can rename the skin JS file under the advanced tab.
This means all the files are at the same level in the file structure. I also tested this with my Galaxy S7 which also work ok. But I use the File Transfer App to move the output folder to my phone.
Please see project attached.

So the normal out setting are as norma...
The VR output just change the name of the HTML page from index.html to vr.html and under the advanced tab change the name of the skin.js file to vr.js.
Other things you need to do is make sure in the skins there are not elements with the same name such as SVG1 etc.

The buttons to switch between the two only have to point to the HTML page, so from normal to VR, mouse click, goto url: vr.html, target _self.
And going back the other way, goto url: index.html, target _self.

Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
Bob.zip
(676.68 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
BHanson

Hopki,

I am running 5.1 Pro and have not upgraded to any of the 5.2 Beta versions. Do I need to go to the latest beta release in order to make these adjustments?

Thanks,

Bob
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Bob,
I would and then follow the steps I made to make it work.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com