another issue with the default node view

Q&A about the latest versions
esskay

Hi @ all,

i'm creating a 360 video tour. each node in this tour has a different default view.

part 1 of the project is a short film which consists of several video nodes i connected via end action. i basically want the user to be able to watch the film without having to move the mouse. but i still give him the opportunity to do so, if he gets curious.
part 2 is completely interactive and the user gets to each node via hotspot, among many other things.

the problems are in part 1 (again: the video panos here are connected via end action).
problem1:
after getting to the next video node, the view is set to 0,00, instead of my desired angle.

problem2:
if the user decides to manipulate the given view (e.g. because of problem1), the next node starts in the angle he set, instead of my desired angle. this disrupts my whole film.

I don*t have these issues in my part 2, where each node that's accessed via node hotspot opens in the view i specified.
what am i doing wrong?

some facts:
_pano2vr5.2beta3 pro (student)
_i use a customized simplexv5-skin
_pano2vr itself shows each node in the correct default angle (option for that is set)

there are some threads that already deal with similar problems, but i didn't find the exact solution for my situation:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10905&hilit=end+action+default+view
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11838&hilit=end+ac ... fault+view
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11872&hilit=end+action+default+view
Hopki
Gnome

Hi esskay,
Did you set up a target view and if so your hotspot template is also set to use the target view?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
esskay

Hi Hopki,

excuse me for not using the "pano2vr terminology" :D

if by target view you mean setting up the default view of a node in the viewing parameters, then yes!

everything node has a specific target view:
_Default View (all set to Rectilinear, all other parameters are node-specific)
_Fly In (set to same paramters as default view, just to be sure there won't be any fly in)
_Viewing Limits & Field of View (same custom setting for all nodes)
EDIT:
_most of the nodes have custom leveling, too

And my hotspot template is set to show the target view. But again, the problem doesn't seem to be with the hotspots. Every node accessed by hotspot opens in the target view.

<delete>Only the nodes that follow as "End Action" do not open in my target view, but with all parameters set to system default (e.g. Pan 0,0, Tilt: 0,0, FoV: 70°...)</delete>
Last edited by esskay on Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
esskay

I might have a better description of what is going on and what i want to do:

My film is a chain of nodes. Each node has an image and a video. Each node has its own target view, set in the viewing parameters.
I start the film (Node1) by hotspot, which is set to target view.
Scene1 (Node1) starts in the view i set up. Everything is fine, this is want i need.
After playback i want to show the next scene (Node2), so i linked it in the "End Action" in properties window.
Node2 starts, but in the target view of Node1. The viewing parameters of Node2 are being ignored.
The same goes for all the nodes i linked in "End Action".

So:
I want Node2 (and all the other nodes) to start with their own target view and not the target view of node1.

I hope this helps....(?)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi esskay,
This is a bug as it should open using the default view of each node.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
D'oh, sorry I was not thinking. But yes its a bug but why not use the animation editor?
You can set the path you want and the user can interrupt at any time. After the time out the video will move back to the start of the animation for that node and carry on.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
esskay

Hi Hopki,

thanks a lot, i will look into that!
esskay

My problem still exists. But now in another form and with a tiny step towards a solution.

Here is what i did:
_imported every video node that i use as part of my short film into the animator
_made sure that the first key frame of each clip is set to the node's target view
_created a key frame at the end of each clip, with the same parameters
_later created a key frame in frame 2 of each clip, just to test if the pano viewer corrects itself to the target view in frame 2
_checked "Animation" and "Synchronize Animation" in Output. "Fly in" and "Auto Rotation" remain unchecked
_trashed my output folder, cleared the browser's cache and restarted the program several times, just to be sure

Here is the result:
Only the first node of the film chain is in target view (same as before).
All the following are set to parameters that seem to be out of the blue.

In the meantime i created an on screen system info ($ap, $at, $af) to check the actual output view parameters.
One example:
Node2's target view is set to: Pan: 1° | Tilt: -14° | FoV: 85°
This view is set in the Animator as well, in every key frame of the clip.
The output view is: Pan: 13° Tilt: -5 | FoV: 100° ->These values aren't set anywhere in my project, as far as i know (if have 81 nodes at the moment)
Here are node2's complete view parameters. Don't know if they help:

Code: Select all

Default View:
Projection: Rectilinear
Pan: 1,00°
Tilt: -14,00°
FoV: 85,0°

Fly In:
same as Default View

Viewing Limits
Show Limits: checked
Top: 88,00°
Bottom: -58,00
Left: 360°
Right: 0,00°

FoV
Min FoV in: Degrees
Min: 60,0°
Max
Rectilinear 100,0° (file is Equirectangular)
Stereographic: 270,0°
Fisheye: 360°
Additional Info: I looked for skin items that influence the view in any form. Except for my tour node hotspot templates which use the target view, i haven't found any.

So now, the follow up nodes aren't set to the target view of node1 anymore. So far so good.
But their views are still not following my directions.
What could cause these weird viewing parameters?

btw: I'm using beta4 now
esskay

After losing hours trying to find a way with the animator, i found a workaround:

_added a new hotspot template (blank, no image) to the skin
_added a child timer: Timeout:0/Type:Init/Repeat:One time; Action:Activate/View/Set Default View; Action:Deactivate/View/Set Default View
_added an action to the hotspot: Source:Init/Set Value:0/Target:[the timer]
_placed the new hotspot into every follow up scene (place+select the new template in "Type"; the position of the hotspot doesn't matter)

Now every node that i want to start in it's target view, finally does so!