javascript

Q&A about the latest versions
SVondenhoff

Hello,

I'm currently trying to pass the (changed) value of a variable (variableName) when the user clicks a hotspot. The hotspot url contains the following piece of code:

Code: Select all

javascript:parent.player.SetVar(‘variableName’,Math.floor((Math.random() * 100000) + 1))
Somehow this code does not do anything. Anyone has a clue?

Best regards,

Sebastiaan Vondenhoff
Hopki
Gnome

HI Sebastiaan,
What are you trying to do?
I take it your referring to the variable in the skin, why not use a set variable action?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
SVondenhoff

Hi Hopki,

I'm trying to pass a signal that one or more variables have changed within the 360-tour, which is embedded as a web object in Articulate Storyline (E-learning authoring tool). In Articulate Storyline I can create a setup so that it "listens" via Javascript.

Regards,

Sebastiaan
Don

Sebastiaan, in your code are those truly apostrophes around 'variableName' ? Because what you have shown above are invalid characters for a Left-Single Quote and a Right-Single Quote. Notice they are slanted a bit.

True apostrophes should look straight up-and-down like these:
parent.player.SetVar('variableName',Math.floor((Math.random() * 100000) + 1))

Just guessing,
Don
IronWagen

If it still does not work then maybe you should not use variables in Pano2VR but rather in external js code. You could handle the random number thing in a separate function. I have noticed it's much easier that way