So Close...

Q&A about the latest versions
Tim Tyson

I've created a single 360º video pano for a cardboard headset. In the Pano2VR app, it behaves as expected when I preview it. However, when I export out a package for my blog, the package file is a typical 360º pano video and not side by side video like the desktop preview. This is the case when previewed in the ggnome desktop preview app as well as on the website.

I took the output files from the my computer desktop and uploaded them into a folder on my website. This ALMOST works. The 360º videos are not in sync. One loads just a bit faster than the other making the left always slightly ahead of the right.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?
oli

I have the same problem. There are some solutions there :
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11925&sid=a3768f400 ... a4b57a7c41
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
Video is not supported in cardboard yet.
At the moment we split the views in the HTML page so each side is a separate pano.
So impossible to sync video. Later we will bring this into the player which will give use more control.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
oli

Hi Hopki,

I already posted this out of sync problem for stereo video in pano2vr a while ago...
Do you think it could be integrated in the next beta?

Thanks,

Olivier
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Olivier,
Not in version 5, I know the developers are looking into VR more in V6.0 but I can not commit to what they will be doing.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
oli

thanks