polygon hotspot, mouseover, html5

Q&A about the latest versions
petix

Hi,

I'd like a to have a polygon hotspot with a simple action: When mouseover = show an image. I've done that long time ago in flash. Cannot find out how it works… Please, can someone help me?

Regards from
Petix
wiso

hello petix,
dont know exactly the solution for your problem. but as a work-around i often took empty transparent gifs . that are only squares, but you can make them bigger area (i use 400x300px) as a normal hotspot and you can use it with all hotspot features.

maybe someone has a better solution,

regards,
wiso
petix

Hi Wiso,

yes I know this solution, but I'm planning to have more than 30 polygen hotspots and they have to cover exactly the space I want them to, because the next hotspot is near by…

Regards
Petix
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Petix,
What should work is have an image loader with the Hotspot Proxy ID "*" so just the Asterix.
This is a wild card and if the image loader has the actions mouse enter show self and mouse leave hide self that will create the popup.
You would then use the Hotspot Target text field of the path of the image that should be displayed.
So you would also add an mouse enter set value action $ht, self.
So on mouse enter the external loader will show and the path will show the image for that poly hotspot.
Not tested but should work.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Just seen your other post, if each poly will have its own image then just stack all the images on top of each other and then use the Hotspot ID and Hotspot Proxy ID to show the relevant image, of course each image should be hidden and have mouse enter and leave actions to show and hide the image.
You can also use the modifier so the images move with the mouse.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
petix

ok, so far I did it like this: Poly-Hotspot with ID 1 and Hotspotproxy-ID 1. I'd like to have the textimage at a certain space but can't achieve that. Did a mouse follower instead, but maybe someone can tell me how can I fix the image.

Help!
Petix
Attachments
mouseover.jpg
mouseover.jpg (377.5 KiB) Viewed 3778 times
Hopki
Gnome

You can use a point hotspot with the image set to Alpha 0.005.
This makes the element transparent but still active.
See attached project.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
object.zip
(943.72 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
petix

Hi Hopki,

thanks for your suggestion. I know, that I can do it with a normal hotspot, but I'd like to cover exactly a certain space in the tour and I don't want just a mouseover on the textimage… And I know, that I can have a bigger active area with a external image with 0,005 % visibility. Think it must be done with polygone hotspots… But how?

Regards
Petix