Patch visible

Q&A about the latest versions
Yanick

I want to edit some of my latest panoramas with the Patch editor in Photoshop. But after Pano2VR (5.1) reads out the edited Patch from Photoshop there is a visible color cast. One could clearly see the lines between the patched square and the panorama.

You can see it at the end of the video, follow my mouse. It doesn't matter if I export the file or not, it is still visible.

I'm working with 16bit Tif, LZW, Adobe RGB (1998) files. The same happens with JPG, Adobe RGB (1998) files.

Any advise? Is this normal? I really like the function but not that way.

https://youtu.be/_Dbz-rAHLTM

Screenshot 2017-04-25 21.33.40.png
Screenshot 2017-04-25 21.33.40.png (2.3 MiB) Viewed 1985 times
iMac 5K, Pano2VR 5.2b3
Yanick

I just fount out the problem. Pano2VR exports always a sRGB IEC61966-2.1 profile, without paying attention what color profile the panorama has itself.

So every time after I patched the tripod part I had a color profile mismatch. Maybe Pano2VR could at least compare the color profiles and output a warning in a future version? Or better: Pano2VR will open the document in photoshop with the correct color profile.
iMac 5K, Pano2VR 5.2b3
thomas
Chief Gnome

Do you have the color profile embedded in the image? If so, Pano2VR will just copy it to the patch as well.
Pano2VR only converts the images tiles for multi resolution to a different color profile. In all other cases the color profile of the source image is copied 1:1 to the patch.

Maybe Photoshop does the auto conversion?
MfG, Thomas
Yanick

Yes the color profile is embedded in the image.

I changed the color profile in the PS settings to my standard, now it works fine.
iMac 5K, Pano2VR 5.2b3