node properties

Q&A about the latest versions
MOaks

Hi,
I have been trying to figure out controlling the target view (so it doesn't double back when I'd rather it didn't) and I came across this statement in the forum and I have been looking for the node properties settings ever since. Could somebody tell me where this can be found?

"In the node properties, the Target must be $(fwd)"

Thanks, Matt
360Texas

It is located in the 'Documentation' About Node Properties

http://ggnome.com/wiki/Node_Marker_Properties
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
MOaks

I appreciate your response, but it still is not clear to me. I want the last node of the tour to keep looking forward in stead of looking back. It seems as though this function should be easier to find and intuit, at this point its frustrating! I just bought the software and have spent a lot of time learning it so far. Could you be more explicit? I am anxious to post.
Hopki
Gnome

HI Matt,
If your using the target view then each node will open using that target.
If it opens using the target then moves to a different view, then you have actions to make it do it.
Is it a cardboard project or are you using the normal template?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
MOaks

Hi
Yes I am using the cardboard template and thanks for responding. It seems to me the default setting should be to keep looking forward at the last node instead of looking back from where you came from. If you are looking at a virtual tour of a business and you were interested in what there is to see at the last node, but instead of looking forward at the last node you have done a 180, so you now have to reorient yourself with the mouse at the last node so you are looking forward again. In the street view moderator, when the viewer gets to the last node and they can't go any further the viewer is naturally going to do a 180 and go back to where they came from.

It has been difficult to find where I can change the syntax that would keep the view looking forward. The documentation isn't clear on this and it is discouraging to keep looking for the answer and not find it. I have upgraded to beta 3 and tried the "z" key stroke, not sure if this is addressing the issue or not. I have spent 30 years learning graphic art software programs so I know the ins and outs of gleaning answers from vague resources and I can't readily find the answer to this at any rate. I am also in a bit of a hurry to get this done. If you can help with this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Matt
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Matt,
In the cardboard template deselect True North and then it should obey the target view.
Make sure your using 5.2 beta 3.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
MOaks

Hi
the only place I could find to deselect north it was already deselected, I suppose I could be looking in the wrong spot. I have a 6 node tour, its a test, each node reveals a little portion of a view which is totally revealed on the last node and instead of seeing a complete view it does a 180 and its a real problem. each node's target view is set, I have checked it many times. why is this so difficult to have the last node not show the target view? I've had the software for less than a week.

thanks, Matt
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Matt,
May be send in your project to support@ggnome.com with a link to this forum post.
When sending make suer you include your ggsk skin file, your input images and the p2vr file.

The cardboard skin used to use try North but then we found that some Android phone don use it so force the default view.
The result was opens in the target and then turns to the default view.

Deselecting True North in the Cardboard template (HTML Page) so disable this and follow the targets.
If your having problems with this then something is wrong so please send in your files.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
MOaks

Hi Hopki
got it, found it, I knew I would feel like a dummie when I did and I do. I think that I had to many windows up in the user data panel to notice the node properties was there also. I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to pano2vr support for hanging in there with the dumb questions, mine being one of the dumbest. So, Thank You.

Matt
360Texas

Think this as and opportunity ... and success will follow.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com