Pano2vr and cardboard

Q&A about the latest versions
Real-3d

Hi,
I'm trying to export my panos for my smartphone, to see them with my Cardboard.
I've seen this tutorial: http://ggnome.com/doc/pano2vr/5/output- ... cardboard/ but it is not explained how to export the right file on the smartphone.
How can i export the file? Or which file do i need to put on my mobile device to see with cardboard?
Thanks a lot! :D
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
It depends on your mobile, you looking at Android or iPhone?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Real-3d

Thanks for the answer.
Regarding the operative system, I'd like to export for both android and IOS devices.
Thanks!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Real-3d,
You will need to select the cardboard template.
I would use two different skins, the iPhone can use the packaged cardboard skin, the Android will need the addition of a fullscreen button.
The button will need the enter fullscreen action as well as a mouse click, hide self action.

You can have the one project file and add two HTML5 outputs, edit the file name from output to iPhone and Android respectively.
You would use GoodReader App on the iPhone to transfer the folder, first you would need to compress the folder (ZIP) then in iTunes you can drag the ZIP folder into the GoodReader App and transfer to the iPhone. From the GoodReader menu you can then unzip in the Phone. You just need then to open the HTML page. When open rotate the phone to landscape to go fullscreen, pop in your cardboard viewer and good to spin a round and throw up :lol:

For Android you would go to the cardboard template and deselect smooth interpolation to make the panning a bit smoother, I know...
Then use the Android File Transfer App to transfer the folder to the phones memory. Then you'll need one of the free File Managers App.
Using the File Manager App navigate to the folder and open the HTML page, you will be asked which App you will use to open it with. Chrome or Fire will do.
If you don't see the pano it may be you need to set permissions in the browser for load content, so have had this issue but for me its always worked ok.

Once open rotate the phone to landscape and click both fullscreen buttons, I say both as it will be seen in each side of the two panos.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Real-3d

Thanks a lot, I'm going to try out both the solutions and if I will have any questions I'll ask again for help.
Thanks for the support!
BHanson

I just tried again with a new image and it doesn't work anymore, so perhaps they modified a setting on servers in the datacenter where mine are hosted here in the states. The fact that others are reporting the same issue on Google's forum, as well as the fact that my photospheres work correctly on Google Maps leads me to believe that they modified a setting for us over here in Google Photos.