The 5.2 beta 2b 64 bit pro slows down the computer

Q&A about the latest versions
Bostjan

After the newest upgrade to 5.2 beta 2b and uploading the project with 50 nodes the graphic station slows down dramatically even with 32 GB memory.
It is not possible to work at all...anyone with same issue?
Bostjan

I did some quick check and the issue is related to new update of Firefox and being set as the default browser. I removed Google due the privacy concerns from all my computers and set Firefox as default. When I open the project the preview seems to be related to default browsers which can't handle (some security and "who knows what else" checkings ). I solved it with setting Edge as default browser.
Svendus

Hi have you tried to Reset Firefox works on all platforms :?:

https://support.mozilla.org/t5/How-To/R ... ta-p/36330
Image Image
Bostjan

Yes but it works more fluently with the Edge. Mozilla slows down - it is quite annoying even working with smaller project of 70 nodes.
Bostjan

I have upgraded the software to beta 3 and the issue occurred again. I am working with really small project of only 30 nodes, being with the newest i7 CPU, 32 GB RAM, SSD... image cache location was set to SSD … there is only 200 GB left (do I have to switch to larger disc (?) ...e.g. snail HDD 1TB 7200 rpm).
When loading all the project the system slows down dramatically … task manager shows that Pano2VR takes 14,6 GB of RAM. In case that the cause of slow down is antivirus program I disabled it, but still very slow – I can't even open the simple text editor and type in it.
Anyone with same issue? … and to mention that 32 nodes is really small project... I am afraid what is going to happen when I load another project with 350 nodes.... maybe a solution what to do?
Same graphic station works fluently with other software, e.g. Premiere with full 4K mode “like a charm”.
Svendus

Hi bostjan
the Graphic Card is it a pc Express or a inbuild on the Motherbord ?
You are sure it is the latest Driver :?:
Edit: check the task manager if there are somthing evil code running in the background.
Regards Svendus
Last edited by Svendus on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Bostjan,
The does sound odd.
How large is the project?
Can you send a support package as found under Help menu.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Bostjan

There are only 32 panoramas - 15.000x7.000 pix (tif).
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Bostjan,
Can you make screen shots of the Images and Advanced tabs as found in the settings.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Bostjan

I sent you (to support@ ) the support package created under the help menu (it was from my laptop with the project consisted of 29 nodes -I am home not in my office due the midnight)
Bostjan

I tried to created the another support package with included images but program pano2vr constantly crashes when trying to create package. I opened the previous project with some more nodes and same issue with slowing down the PC. I am going to analyse what installed application caused the problem with pano2VR. Will report when finding the cause.
Bostjan

I missed the question about the graphic cards - with all GSs I use all NVidia GeForce - from lowest 880 to 1070.
Bostjan

Martin, that you don't lose you time... I did a systematic analysis and found that Pano2Vr came in confict with Wondershare software (https://www.wondershare.net/) which I had installed "ages ago"... or vice versa. As Wondershare is with trivial use with me I removed it and cleaned the registry (classic uninstall was not enough). At the moment it works fluently now but will let you know in case of slowing down again.