Playback errors on computers other than my own

Q&A about the latest versions
MCostanza

Hey all,

I'm a noob, please go easy on me. But, I'm having issues trying to get my VR project to play on computers other than my own.

I'm using version 3.1.2 64bit Cocoa, Revision 1855/4.7.3 (2011). I've watched several videos on outputting & made a html, mov, & swf for viewing according to tutorials. They all work fine on my Mac, but when I try to view them on other machines, it's a no go. I get errors for each file. I've copied all folders to other machines, but cannot for the life of me figure out what's going on. I just downloaded a trial of the latest version or Pano2VR & the same issue.
Any help is greatly aprreciated. Please advise of more info needed.

Due to sensitive nature of project, I cannot post file in thread.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi MCostanza,
What this is, is local file restrictions by the browser.
Pano2VR has a built in web server so you can open the output.
If you try and open the HTML page from the output folder then Chrome will not allow anything, Safari will allow the HTML page to open but only on the computer that produced the files. Transfer them to another computer and Safari will not open them.
Firefox will open the HTML page.

The best thing to do is download our package viewer.
Just open the viewer and drag in the output folder. The viewer is free to download and use so you can give the link to anyone you like.
You can also use the package output from Pano2VR, this then gives you a single file to send to someone.
See this post: viewtopic.php?t=11509
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
MCostanza

Thank You Hopki. I will give that a go. Hopefully it's all good!