Using skins for 360 videos

Q&A about the latest versions
MGFilho

Hi, everyone.
I'm making 360 immersive videos too and I thought that the Pano2VR skins may can be used in these videos. I tryied upload the mp4 file into the software but I didn't succeed.
Is that possible? Do I use only the code?
Can someone give a setp-by-step?
Thanks
Hopki
Gnome

Hi MGFilho,
Your 360 vide needs to be MP4.
You also need a pano, this would be used as a fullback position if the browser does not show 360 video, you will see the pano.
If you have the video you can use the video wizard found under tools. Use this to extract a few frames from the video, so stop it as soon as you start it as you only need one of the images.
Then use it as your input pano, after you add the pano you add the video. Note you can not make an output until you have a pano.
Add an HTML 5 output and then skin, publish and all should work as should.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
k.ary.n
Gnome

Step-by-step is found in our documentation: http://ggnome.com/doc/pano2vr/5/video-360-add/
MGFilho

Thanks Hopki. I had published other message but I changed it because I got it.
I followed the video tutorial but it only worked out when I opened the file through the browser, not after generating output automaticaly. Anyway, a new learning. Great.
My new questions are:
- I want to keep the pano I'm using on the screen (to includ infos) and go to the video after pressing a button. I followed the tutorial but didn't work. The button I did on the skin works only with the video.
- I includeed a hotspot to conect to other 360 video but the video comes up as a normal video, not 360. I understand that I need to do the same process. But, can I do it without using a fullback image?
Thanks. Cheers.
MGFilho

Hi, everyone. Now I got this message (image attached), the format is not supported. But it's mp4.
About the previous question, I think I can do something with variables and logical block, I'm trying but it's difficult for me. Any clue?
image.jpg
image.jpg (431.29 KiB) Viewed 3296 times
Cheers
360Texas

It is supported with "Its" codec.

Something to do with codec's called K-Lite and Directshow. I remember doing this few years ago. My .mp4's worked after downloading and rebooting my PC Win10 computer.

I did a forum search for ".mp4 codec" and found this thread link:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11726&p=48307&hilit ... dec#p48307
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
MGFilho

Thanks, Dave. It worked out. And the configuration of my computer is the same of that one noted in the post. Coincidence?
Cheers