HMD capabilities

Q&A about the latest versions
jmartins

Hello friends,

I've been wondering about the capabilities of using the cardboard skin. As I see it, it works perfectly for a tour around different nodes, as a tool for showing different environments it's excellent.
However, I've been trying to add some "info" when using it; I've already read in this forum that it's not possible (yet) to open popups, but what about showing poly hotspots forms/colours/titles? I haven't found a way to do so yet, and it would be really helpful.

Thank you all for your support
Hopki
Gnome

Hi jmartins,
For now its only point hotspots and moving from node to node.
We do support Stereo pairs as well but more advanced things like stare popups etc will come later.

I think it is wise to see what will happen as many of the new HMD's have some sort of hand controller so when you look at a hotspot you trigger it with the controller. The opens up so much more and a better user experience.
Not saying thats what we are waiting for but when we start with developing in this area we will look at the options and best way forward.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/