Simple text label - how to add

Q&A about the latest versions
Nougatti

Hi,

I need to add several text labels on multiple nodes. These labels should just display some info text without any specific behavior.
The easiest way that I would like to place them on the pano would be by dragging them to where I want them, set the type "label" and enter the label text into the title field. Just like you do for an info type hotspot. Is it possible to extend the list of hotspot types with a new type, like "label".
How can I achieve this? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Kind regards,
Stefan
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Stefan,
Why not use the info hotspot?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Nougatti

Hi Hopki,

Thanks for the reply.
I started using the info hotspot, but it is "overkill" for this case as it should not be clickable or have the "i" logo, and I will need a lot of these labels. Just a simple label would do, and being able to drag it onto the pano and set the label text.
The requirement seems so simple that I am asking myself if I am missing something basic in my understanding of Pano2VR configuration.

Regards,
Stefan
Hopki
Gnome

HI Stefan,
To be honest I don't think I full understand what you after.
A small text box to show when you hover over a point hotspot fro information, a Poly Hotspot or just a tex box in the corner of the window, and if so what will be the trigger for displaying text?
Sorry but until I understand what you want I can't be much more help.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Nougatti

Hi Hopki,

I am looking for an easy way to add labels, containing some text, describing for instance some object in a photo. They should always display for a given pano, so no hover, link or other functionality.
Ideally I would like to place them on a pano just like you add other hotspots, by dragging them onto the photo.
As far as I can see, there is no such possibility today, but I was curious to see if I could add this myself.

Hope this clarifies. :-)

Regards,
Stefan
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Stefan,
Could you not use one of the text fields from the user data.
So you can then add a text box with the place holder to display the user data text.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com